Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AWM's screensaver locking up if monitor sleeps » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2771

Steve Kalide
Advanced user

Posted: 03/23/2014 07:38:02

I've been using AWM's feature to activate a screensaver by keyboard shortcut. However, I've had a bit of issue with it.

What happens --

If the AWM screensaver is activated when the monitor powers off (completely off, not just sleep/standby), when the monitor is turned back on, the screensaver is still running, but can no longer be stopped. I'm guessing this stems from the nature of HDMI/DisplayPort devices and how they're "installed" and "uninstalled" as new devices each time they turn off or on.

I'll activate the AWM screensaver via keyboard shortcut, leave home, and when I come back later, I find that my monitor (an HDTV) has auto-powered down. When I turn it back on, AWM is still running the screensaver, however, it doesn't respond to any input. Alt-tab still works, but I'm unable to switch to any other window -- the screensaver won't let any other window gain focus. Even Task manager is unable to get focused (although it appears for an instant before disappearing).

Only after mashing ctrl-shift-esc + alt-tab + win-key am I able to eventually get a task manager to stay top, whereby I'm able to force-close the screensaver and AWM -- both of which are using high CPU.

Win7/Win8.1 Pro (x64)
AWM 8.3b2

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 04/24/2014 16:19:22

Hello, Steve!

Am I correct in understanding that your HDTV monitor automatically powers down by its hardware settings, not by Windows Power Settings?

Do you experience the same problem with Actual Window Manager 8.1.4?

Anyway, please send us your Actual Window Manager configuration (Actual Window Manager -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support) with a reference to this thread.

Please, additionally specify your graphics controller manufacturer and model.

Thank you for your post!
Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register