New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 15
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «AMM 8.1.3 - mouse movement causing CPU-load spikes » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 19321

Crypt Ed

Posted: 03/22/2014 15:46:16

I paid for AMM recently. I discovered significant cpu-spikes when only moving mouse within the same window.... even when AMM is stopped and is only loaded.  These mouse-moving CPU-spikes are causing my CPU to clock up siginificantly more often from CnQ than without AMM been loaded.

System is Windows 7 64bit.

To clear it up: I uninstalled every previous version of AMM and deleted {user-folder}\AppData\Roaming\ActualTools. Then i clean installed 8.1.3 and did not changed any default-settings.

User added an image
Here you can see CPU-clocking up all the time, finally caught screenshot on 22% usage of process Center.exe *32 @ 3444 Mhz ... disgusting.

User added an image
So you think stopping AMM is enough? Wrong. It makes the problem worse half but it's still persistent, moving mouse still in example causes 9% overall CPU-usage spike of 3444 Mhz for Center.exe *32. This is outfreaking ... :(

Also unticking EVERY feature did not help.

Sure unloading the product makes the processes dissappear and the problem is surely gone, but it cant be normal that it is using quite descent CPU-cycles without it beeing active when I only move my mouse. This is a NO GO (imagine gaming..no it's not enough to stop it... UNLOAD it) and honestly sucks hell! What is it doing at all? Can somebody make this please stop.

I have tons of third-party Services that don't spike on mouse-movement! Seriously WTF, i begin thinking about this is spyware?

First answer was that i should provide screenshots, as if I were lying.... but didn't received anymore answer now.

Crypt Ed

Posted: 03/22/2014 21:35:15

It occurs when moving mouse inside any single window, like notepad or taskmanager for example... so it is not "focus-change" related.

I guess it's because AMM is always tracking the mouse position for some reason and theres no "safe/gaming-mode" whatsoever option to disable this cpu-eater inside the service.

:o

Can anybode reproduce this behaviour ??? ... since i cannot make it go away.  :(

Why don't I get any answers from the support?
Are you taking this serious and are you investigating this?

Crypt Ed

Posted: 03/22/2014 21:57:02

User added an image
AMM-Running...significantly increased CPU-cycles.

User added an image
AMM-Unloaded...standard spikes from notepad.

Crypt Ed

Posted: 03/22/2014 22:13:25

Here is a better view over longer time-period just circling the mouse within notepad.

The red graph shows overall CPU-usage, while the white one shows only ActualMultipleMonitorsCenter.exe (32).

User added an image

You can see from the OCCT CPU-frequency that CnQ accelerates to 3444 Mhz .. also that is not the problem, but only a setting of CnQ.

Sure with forcing always max clock it would not be spiking that "high", thus more calculation-power is available... but that is not a solution for the problem!

The real problem here is that AMM just beeing loaded/running causes significant CPU-cycle increase (millions of extra calculations) for simple system-wide mouse-movement.

BTW: It happens around every 17 seconds. :(

Crypt Ed

Posted: 03/22/2014 23:01:50

OK

I reduced the monitoring intervall from 1 second to 250ms to show it more detailed.

Also i fixed CPU frequency to permantly clock @ 3444 Mhz (CnQ disabled).

User added an image

Result:

Peak-duration: ~ 2 seconds
Peak-usage: ~ 25% average CPU (one core utilized @100%)
Peak-frequency: ~ 17 seconds.

Steve Kalide
Advanced user

Posted: 03/23/2014 08:44:53

Could it be driver related? I wonder if there's any conflict with either a driver, or other mouse-hooking software running concurrently.

Have you tried using either Process Monitor/Process Explorer to look at the specifics of what's happening when this occurs? You could run Process Monitor and capture all system/process events for what's happening the moment you move the mouse around, stop, then do it again -- then looking at the specifics and resources that are being drawn on.

With Process Explorer, you could look at the threads/stack/modules to see what specifically is spiking, both with Notepad and with AWM (although you obviously won't have the AWM debugging symbols, you should grab the Microsoft ones).

Win7/Win8.1 Pro (x64)
AWM 8.3b2

Crypt Ed

Posted: 03/23/2014 15:56:43

Driver related??? It is AMM related.

Mouse-driver is "HID compliant mouse" microsoft default driver, does anyone use a third-party "mouse driver". Are you sure you know what you are talking about?

Dude listen, AMM is polling the mouse inside of the Service-Center.exe while the "App" already polls the mouse-position.

So this software is doing it ADDITIONAL times. Thats not normal. It is not driver...

There are only 2 things spinking with AMM: the app itself and center.exe
Why should i determine handle/modules in ressource-monitor (not Process monitor, there's no such)... theres no useful info in there. YOur "process monitor" handles/modules doesn't change on any CPU-spike...it's showing static data, so what????

Instead of giving tips, what else then AMM could be the problem, can you please answer my question first:

Can you reproduce this behaviour on your pc with any window and AMM?

If not, then you might continue with thinking it's not AMM faults.

Crypt Ed

Posted: 03/23/2014 16:23:49

I closed any application and stopped any third-party service that was loaded.
Only thing beeing left is nvxdsync and CTAud... rest is overall windows-default.

Problem still persists: AMM is spiking CPU-usage additionally when moving mouse.

User added an image

Here is a list of all my loaded processes when the CPU-spike happens on mouse-movement.
See, none of my third-party services/applications was causing this... but only AMM.

When i unload AMM...it's GONE!

Now can somebody please focus into REMOVING this from AMM?

BTW: I do not know what "process monitor" or "process explorer" is, can't find them.
I know "task manager" that i already provide screenshots and I know "ressource monitor", it can show "handle" and "modules" of a process but these do not change on CPU-load, so they are of no use.

Crypt Ed

Posted: 03/28/2014 04:37:09

Bump, no help?

I found out that i had SetPoint installed and also some permanent devices of Saitek. So i cleaned my system of them and tried again... but still the same.

Moving mouse still causes massive CPU-cycles with AMM loaded... gone when unloaded.

Bump.

Crypt Ed

Posted: 04/11/2014 18:15:32

Bump. Still not fixed with 8.1.4

I bought this software simply for 2 reasons.
1. to mirrror my taskbar on second screen
2. quick enable/disable second monitor and to make it remember that positions.

It consuming so much CPU-cycles for moving my mouse is disgusting.
I disabled the product completely.

Anyhow the problem is not taking serious by the support.

I send them a list of all my process list when the probllem happens and all my configuration files... simply no more answer...ignorance.

Im IT-Systemelectrician and know what im talking about. There is no third party app, service, driver or anything that is causing this. I tried it on different systems. I can reproduce this system-indipendant. It's AMM only and it is happening to everyone.

Im going to search for alternative products and will post them here, since a solution is not in sight. :(

Messages 1 - 10 of 15
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register