Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Excel 2013 breaks into pieces » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3235

Plinfut

Posted: 03/06/2014 00:32:45

Recently I installed MS Excel 2013, but this doesn't work quite well in combination with AWM. As soon as I try to reapply window settings (even without any rule for Excel itself), the program creates several new taskbar buttons. The same happens when I switch to a different Virtual Desktop and then the buttons are even spread across the old and new desktop.

User added an image

User added an image

This way I can hardly use Virtual Desktops and automatic window settings. I'm using Actual Window Manager 8.1.2. Could anyone help me solve this?

Alexander Salnikov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/15/2014 20:11:59

Hello,

Tell me,please, does turning off AWM solve the Excel "breaking problem"?Does it "break" with AWM turned off?Also,please try turning AWM off,then close Excel,turn AWM on,open Excel.Does Excel "break" with this method?
You are using Windows 7,right?

Any questions?Mail to support@actualtools.com!

Plinfut

Posted: 03/15/2014 22:30:55

Hello Alexander,

Thank you for your reply. In the meantime I figured out the problem is only related to virtual desktops. Reapplying window settings only breaks Excel if one or more windows are moved to another desktop in that process. But with virtual desktops disabled, I can use automatic window settings without any problem, even to move Excel windows.

In all tests below, virtual desktops were enabled.
- When AWM is running and I start Excel, it shows normally, with only one window.
- When AWM is turned off and I start Excel, it works normally too.
- When I start AWM while Excel is already running, it doesn't break either.
- When moving any window to a different virtual desktop or switching to a different virtual desktop, Excel splits into 5 taskbar buttons. 3 of them are visible on all desktops, 2 only where the file is open.
- When having two Excel files open, it becomes 6 buttons. (So the number of files open plus 4 pieces of the program.)
- When switching virtual desktops several times, all Excel buttons sometimes disappear completely from all desktops. Excel is still visible in the task manager's process list though and when reopening a file, it gives a warning that the file is already open.

I am indeed using Windows 7.

Hopefully this information helps. If you need anymore information, please let me know.

Kind regards,
Peter

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/19/2014 17:52:00

Hello Peter,

Are you running Windows 7 32 or 64-bit?
Virtual Desktops Classic or Independend Mode?
Could you send me your configuration files (Actual Window Manager -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support)?

Best regards.

Plinfut

Posted: 03/20/2014 19:43:54

Hello Vasiliy,

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit and VD in Classic Mode. The configuration files are on their way with a link to this topic. I hope this helps to pinpoint the problem and fix it or at least find a workaround.

Kind regards,
Peter

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/28/2014 19:08:07

Hello Peter,

The problem has been confirmed.
We'll try to fix it.

Best regards.

Plinfut

Posted: 03/28/2014 22:56:05

Hello Vasiliy,

Thank you very much for your help. I'm looking forward to the update containing a solution.

Kind regards,
Peter

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/29/2014 20:02:23

Hello Peter,

The problem has been fixed in the current 8.2 beta 1 version of Actual Window Manager (download link - http://actualtools.com/files/aim82b1.exe ).

Could you confirm this?

Plinfut

Posted: 04/29/2014 20:07:45

Hello Vasiliy,

Yes, it works without any problems now! Thank you so much! :D You have made my day!

Kind regards,
Peter

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register