Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Arrange 5 Displays , Problem arranging monitors with 2 on top row 3 on bottom » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3157

Matt Kemp

Posted: 12/03/2013 12:35:47

I am running Windows 7, with one graphics card (Sapphire AMD FirePro W5000), running 5 monitors in a physical configuration of 2 on the top row and 3 on the bottom, but whenever I try and rearrange them either via the Windows "screen resolution" screen, or the AMD Catalyst Pro Control Center, or the AMM window, I just get a bunch of screen flickering while it tries to accept the layout, then a bunch more while it changes them to all be on one horizontal line.

The graphics card has 3 outputs, 1 DVI and 2 DisplayPort 1.2. I've got a Club SenseVision MST Hub in one of the DP outputs that lets me run three displays.

It's taken a bit of mucking around with active and passive adapters to get a picture on all the screens (I was trying to use some Dynamix active DP to HDMI adapters which were hopeless and didn't work - took them back!).
I started with no MST and just tried to get three screens working off the W5000, and then found out about the Windows 7 only-two-legacy-cables limitation and got around that with an active adapter.
Then when the MST arrived, found that it didn't require active adapters - passives seem to work fine.

I realise this problem is probably Windows and not AMM, but hopefully someone has an idea about why this is happening and possibly a solution to get them in the right order.

I can arrange them in one line vertically and if I unplug one I can arrange them in a 2x2 square, but pretty much any other shape (L, 3 on top 2 on bottom, 2x2 with one extra off side, all just get reset to one line. Even just moving one of the screens in the line up a bit gets reset.

Thanks a million for any replies!

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/05/2013 18:29:23

Hello Matt,

Unfortunately, if you are unable to arrange displays via the Windows "Screen resolution" screen, you will be unable to get this using Actual Multiple Monitors as well.

Most likely, this is the problem of video drivers.
You should contact the graphics card manufacturer to try to solve the problem.

Best regards.

Matt Kemp

Posted: 12/09/2013 05:46:03

I'll follow up with AMD and see what happens, thanks for the direction.

I'll post the outcome here for anyone else in the future

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register