Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AMM forgeting pinned applications when undocked » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2471

Edward Finn

Posted: 10/14/2013 22:38:24

Did a couple searches and turned up nothing so if this is a repeat my apologies.

I've been using AMM on my laptop which at most times is docked with 2 monitors. Evey evening i put my computer to sleep and take it home with me. If i need to use it in the evening I boot it up and use it stand-alone as a laptop. Every time I do this it corrupts/resets all my bound applications on both my primary and secondary start bars. I'm unsure if this is due to simply undocking, or having gone to sleep docked and awoken undocked. But it's getting tiring reseting both my start bars.

Taskbar Settings:
Enable multi-monitor taskbar: Checked
Mode: Individual
Options (list of checked):
 Replace the primary taskbar
 Enabing pinning to the taskbar
 Show start menu for hidden start button
Muti-monitor task switcher: checked

Alexander Salnikov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 10/15/2013 19:42:18

Good day Edward,

This is occured by undocking,yes.
But sadly it can't be fixed.Let me explain why:for example computer has 3 monitors,they have 3 taskbars as well.Now you turn computer to sleep mode and undock one monitor. Now when computer awakes, it just doesnt understand where is the 3rd taskbar and what to do with others,so it decides to simply reset the taskbars to defaults.

I hope that the situation is clear now.
Have a nice day

Any questions?Mail to support@actualtools.com!

Edward Finn

Posted: 10/16/2013 01:22:28

So there is no chance for a feature that stores taskbar settings by the list of attached monitors using some combination of model id and device id information, so that whenever it sees a listing of monitors it remembers it would restore the previous bindings for that display setup?

Alexander Salnikov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 10/16/2013 21:35:24

Perhaps there is some way.We will try to find the way. But the chances are slim.

I am very sorry to say that.

Any questions?Mail to support@actualtools.com!

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register