Register

Messages 31 - 40 of 69
First | Prev. | 2 3 4 5 6 | Next | Last 

Topic: «License Expired? » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 45288

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 09/26/2014 02:41:53

@David La

the time wasted fixing this cost me a lot of the time that I'm supposed to be saving here

> Note that Prompt before updating to a paid version is a box checked by default if you leave auto-check for updates on

Did you not get a warning that the upgrade was paid before you decided to upgrade? Was the "Prompt before paid update" option perhaps switched off in your case?

Dave La

Posted: 09/26/2014 02:50:42

@Pim Thanks for all your previous help! I didn't notice that screen. I look for addons in trusted software, checkboxes to avoid BHOs, etc, and as I didn't think there was an option for my paid software to deactivate itself (wrong frame of reference, I now realize) I may have overlooked a warning.

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 09/26/2014 16:52:49

@David La: You're welcome! Yeah, that happens to me too sometimes, especially when I have to do a lot of clicking in a short time and I think I know it all  :D

Apparently you have edited your previous post. Were you able to solve the issue with the Chrome profiles pinned to the Task Bar that you wrote about before your edit?

Gerard Booth
Advanced user

Posted: 09/27/2014 00:45:36

I never renewed since I was baited and switched in Aug 2013. Cracked version works fine.

Its unfortunate when comments such as this are posted.  :evil:

David Blaine Fullerton

Posted: 09/27/2014 10:02:46

All,

I quickly skimmed this thread, and I would like to pick up on it.  Yes, I was a little miffed when I experienced the problem and either started / chimed in on this stupid Upgrade Window and issue that occurred a few months ago.  I lost some time developing that morning trying to overcome that issue.  I finally gave up, walked away fr om the problem, and developed on a different computer for a while wh ere I wouldn't be tempted to try & fix it.  

But, someone gave me a good fix and I was up & running.  Actual Tools Staff was very helpful and supportive.

More, I write to comment on using software for free without supporting the organization.  You just didn't realize how much CRACKWARE or other types of software piracy hurt the industry.  I'm not going to give you a moral lesson about stealing or theft.  But, what I am going to say, is that there are FAMILIES BEHIND THOSE PRODUCTS.  Each and every employee of Actual Tools earns a living by creating, improving, and licensing their intellectual property.

I didn't realize when I was younger, but when you don't pay, you are cheating them out of income that will help them better the product and be able to PRODUCE MORE AND BETTER PRODUCTS.  Really, it is the same as picking up someone's wallet, reaching in, taking a few bucks, and acting like you didn't do it.  Granted, they might not see it at first, but what if everyone did it?

I don't mind a small yearly license fee.  I love giving it to companies.  What is $10 here, $15 there, etc.  Now, I'm not for buying a new Windows release every year, because that is different.  But supporting AMM a little per year, helps them make this product better & better.

So, think about what I am saying, and I would ask that you change your ways.  Because it does hurt people's livelihoods and, over all, the industry.

We're not the Chinese.  We're Americans who are willing to pay for innovation/s.

Thanks,
David Fullerton,
a fellow software developer

Dave La

Posted: 09/29/2014 07:16:32

@Pim Thanks for checking :)

... I simply recreated them. Now they lose their icons when open (which they didn't before), but I've customized the user icon which appears in the lower right corner to make it easier to tell them apart. (And their icons show when not open.)

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 09/29/2014 17:10:32

Ladies and Gentlemen,

thank you for your posts!

We will try to state our current Upgrade policy more prominently on the pages you mentioned. Thank you for your advice!

@Pim Joosten: Special thanks to you for your help!

@Casey Hayes: Your license code is currently valid for updates. Please enter your email address on the Restore the Registration Code page, enter the code you receive as a registration code for Actual Multiple Monitors 8.2 and let us know if it helps or not.

As for the
Here is your new registration data for Actual Multiple Monitors 8.0 (it's valid for all versions of Actual Multiple Monitors of line 8.x)
email. Indeed, this happened by our mistake for some time after the 8.0 release back in 2013, but it shouldn't be happening today. Please let me know if you received that email in 2014.

Best regards!

support@actualtools.com

Casey Hayes

Posted: 09/29/2014 21:49:14

To clear up some confusion (including some of my own, originally), I had first purchased a license for AMM back in September of 2013. As such, my annual license did expire with this latest update. I finally ended up just using another license I had just recently purchased for my office (that I was not originally planning on). This is not ideal as I had to remove a license from another computer to do so.

I understand that many developers are moving towards an annual payment model, but beyond having to know to look in the update notes, there was no mention of this license being annual. As Pim pointed out, failing to mention anything about the terms of the license on the order page is very misleading but may have been unintentional. However, especially when I receive emails such as
Here is your new registration data for Actual Multiple Monitors 8.0 (it's valid for all versions of Actual Multiple Monitors of line 8.x)
it feels like false advertising. In the end, I did not receive the product that I thought I purchased. Intentional or not, this concerns me.

Thank you for your feedback, @Alexander Mihalkin. Let me know if I can provide any further details on my situation.

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 09/29/2014 22:37:03

Casey, thank you for your reply!

Actually, the Licensing policy has been changed as well. Since 8.0 version,
there is no limit on the number of computers the program can be installed on and registered with the same registration code as long as the number of simultaneous users is less than or equal to the number of purchased copies.

In other words, you don't need to remove your license from another computer as long as you are the only user of that copy of the product on that PC.

Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

Casey Hayes

Posted: 09/30/2014 02:25:40

I did notice that bit about the licensing, but it unfortunately does not help in our situation as we have that many simultaneous users.

Messages 31 - 40 of 69
First | Prev. | 2 3 4 5 6 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register