Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 20 of 69
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last 

Topic: «License Expired? » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 45188

David Blaine Fullerton

Posted: 08/20/2013 11:51:03

Usually, I don't find a need to comment, but I just downloaded the new version (since I am a licensed user) and saw the "paywall" appear.  Again, I am like the guy above who is willing to pay, because I like your product, develop software myself, and understand the need to continue getting revenue on a yearly basis.  Whether people realize it or not, it takes alot of time, money, and expenses to keep an awesome product like this improving and paying bills.  I can only imagine, yet I am concerned with the price.

I am going to pay (just because I have had it awhile and like it) the $30 that it asks, yet unless there are extremely new and wonderful features, I probably won't upgrade again.

Here is what I would prefer.  I would prefer a yearly subscription that renews on a particular date, and when I go to your website, I see the date of the last SUBSCRIPTION purchase and can realize that I have benefit there.  Willing to do that, yet I think $10-$15 is better (like guy above said).

The price of $30 for each big upgrade is just too much.  Then, I just won't upgrade.  Hopefully, you see that I am trying to meet you in the middle.

Probably, my price of $15 each year would equate to more than $30 for upgrade versions.  I don't even mind that, but a big $30 (or even suggested reatail of $50) is just too much for this product.  Otherwise, I just see staying with last year's model and being happy.

The different between versions is not significant enough to justify a large price.  I hope that makes sense, and I don't want to ruffle feathers.

But, again, I like you guys, you been honest with me, listened to my many suggestions, and have treated me with respect, assisted me, and have had integrity with everything (CONTRAY to what "DOCWIZZ" says).  [Yes, those are accusations and just STUPID THINKING, believing a license would be from now-on. Even if so, they should rethink about how much it costs to create wonderful software like this.]

So, I'm paying, but do rethink the extreme PAYWALL, please.

Thanks, David Blaine Fullerton

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 08/20/2013 19:37:20

David,

Thank you for your detailed comment.

I'm sorry but it seems that you somehow misinterpreted the terms of the new Upgrade Policy. Please clarify the following:

1. Did you read the entire thread from beginning? (i.e. there is no need for me to repeat the explanations that Alexander Salnikov and I have provided in earlier posts?)

2. What exactly do you call the "paywall"?

Thank you.

David Blaine Fullerton

Posted: 08/20/2013 20:58:43

Alex,

Yes, I read it from start to finish.  What I am saying, is that your software continually suggests that I download new versions.  And, sometimes, I experience bugs, so I figure that you're trying to fix issues.  So, I download the updates, but then, I stop work, unload version, and load new version; then, I get a notice that I have to renew and it starts a countdown from 60 to 0.  Otherwise, it will quit working; I assume.

Honestly, I don't care.  That's fine, because I want to support your success.  

Just keep the costs down for new versions (for already paying customers), even a yearly subscription model at $10 - $15 / year (I'd like), then that's fine with me.

Anyway, I won't continue discussing, because you have a fine product, very worthy of support.  And, I do see frequent changes and improvements, so an occasional payment for next version is fine, if it stays minor.  Otherwise, there is no benefit to continuing to purchase new versions.

Hope that makes sense, thanks,
DBF

Rick Workman

Posted: 09/23/2014 22:59:45

First, I apoligize for adding on to an old thread.

After installing, the 8.2. upgrade, I got the message that I was running an unregistered version of AWM.

From Pim Joosten, earlier in this thread.

Finally, Alexander, the message that the license expired and a new one can be purchased for $50 is incorrect and surprised me for that reason. The $50 in that message is the price for a new license. If one renews a license, there is a discount. There is no mention whatsoever of that discount in the message. That may actually scare off people in purchasing a renewal (like doc wizz), so I think it is a good idea to add the discount to the message or to just simply change the price in it to the discounted price.

I agree with Pim Joosten, in some areas, that the wording needs to be changed when a license expires. I have had other software break when upgrading to a new version and my first thought was exactly that.

Since a previous license has expired, it should state "Your License has Expired" or something onlong those lines. I can't remember when each one expires and yes, I do have more than just this one that requires yearly renewals. I know at least two that states expired and not just your running an out of date evaluation.

I planning on getting the new license after I post this. I just wanted to express my thoughts on this subject.

Thanks,

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 09/24/2014 15:48:18

Thank you for your sharing your thoughts, Rick!

We added a dialog stating that the upgrade is going to be paid and explaining the details, which pops up before you update Actual Tools product, but that dialog will only appear in 8.2 and higher versions of our products.

Best regards!

support@actualtools.com

Rick Workman

Posted: 09/24/2014 16:28:08

Cool, I think that will work. I'm sure others will appreciate that as well.

I already renewed my license and all is working great.

Thanks,

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 09/24/2014 16:29:16

Thank you for your reply and your feedback, Rick!

support@actualtools.com

MCHAL

Posted: 09/24/2014 19:41:38

Dear  Alex Fadeyev:

I am the Brazilian Portuguese translator for AWM and sent you a PM about updating its language file (with a link for downloading the update) and the issue of my license key not being valid anymore, but got no reply from you yet.

Thanks for your attention.

MCHAL
(Now with new e-mail address)

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 09/24/2014 19:46:51

Dear Milton,

thank you for your post. We have received your messages. We'll reply to you as soon as possible!

Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

Dave La

Posted: 09/26/2014 00:35:43

How can I roll back to the previous paid version? I didn't realize I was deactivating Actual Windows Manager by allowing it to upgrade. (Previous versions are not restorable from Win7 restore points in my case).

Messages 11 - 20 of 69
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register