Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Steam Problem with AWM » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3329

Chris Krysiak

Posted: 07/27/2013 13:15:21

As the title says, I have a problem with steam while I'm running Actual Window Manager. Actually, I have a couple problems.

The first one is that I can't install steam properly as long as AWM is running. I tried numerous times and each time the client would install and then go into the updating client phase. However, every time the update for the client got to 27% it would crash. I'd re-open steam and it would start the update again and crash at the same point. I went through and turned off random applications that were running one by one until I finally turned off my AWM and it installed perfectly fine.

My second problem is now that steam's installed some games don't work properly unless I turn off AWM (Torchlight 2 is the one I'm currently talking about as it's one of like 3 games I have installed). It wouldn't be too big of a deal to simply turn it off when I want to play something, but with it off my mouse leaves the game screen pretty often.

Is there anything I can do about this or is it just some conflict between the two programs that I have no control over? I noticed that Actual Multiple Monitor was in the steam Greenlight section so I figured it would be compatible with steam games. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

**EDIT**

I just realized it's not as big a deal as I thought. I can simply use the stop function on AWM, start my steam game up, then hit start again on AWM and the game works just fine with all the functions of AWM still active. So if any one else has this problem, while it's not perfect, it's a pretty simple way to just get around the problem.

Alexander Salnikov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/23/2013 13:24:04

Hi Chris,

The problem is rather strange.
What version of Steam did you downloaded and tried to install?(before to update)
And please could you go to Configuration window, then Tools, Configuration, Send to Tech Support, and fill the form, for the further investigation.

Any questions?Mail to support@actualtools.com!

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register