Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Mouse scrolling gets stuck » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5624

Steve Kalide
Advanced user

Posted: 07/12/2013 02:06:43

Just a minor note of issue that's been present in AWM for a while --

With the feature "Drag mouse to scroll windows", while scrolling a window with a mouse, if I let go of the mouse-click while the cursor is outside the window I'm scrolling, the scroll feature gets "stuck", and the mouse continues to scroll the window even when the keyboard button and mouse button are let go.

The only way to "unstick" the scrolling action is to re-click the right mouse button (which is what I have set). Pressing the modifier key alone again doesn't work to unstick it (which makes sense, since modifier keys, like CTRL, don't actually send a keypress on their own).

I've tried all sorts of different combinations of ordering the letting go of the mouse-click and modifier key, and it only happens when the mouse is let go outside the window (like if the mouse overshoots the border of the active window).

It'd be nice if when the mouse press gets let go outside of the window border, it would still release the special scrolling function.

Anyway, just a heads up.

Win7/Win8.1 Pro (x64)
AWM 8.3b2

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/22/2013 13:55:45

Hello Steve

I was unable to reproduce the issue.

What version of AWM are you running?

What applications have you noticed the problem with?

Best regards.

Steve Kalide
Advanced user

Posted: 08/02/2013 01:21:04

I was using 7.5.1, but now I'm using beta 3, and it still happens.

I'm noticing it in my web browsers, and particularly, Cyberfox (a popular 64-bit Firefox variant).

The shortcut I have set up to side scroll is to hold CTRL and the right-mouse button. So when there's a window that's side-scrollable (like this browser window I'm typing in right now), if I hold CTRL and right-mouse, and then move the mouse left and right, it scrolls the window back and forth just fine.

The problem occurs if/when I release the right-click mouse button outside of the window. If I let go of the right-mouse button while the cursor is outside of the window's borders, the scroll function gets "stuck", so when my mouse moves back across the screen, it continues scrolling the window left and right, even though I'm not holding anymore keys or mouse buttons.

I tried testing this in Notepad, but the scroll function doesn't seem to work in that program. I tested it in a Windows 7 folder, and the issue doesn't happen -- so I suppose this is some incompatibility with Firefox/Cyberfox.

Win7/Win8.1 Pro (x64)
AWM 8.3b2

Alexander Salnikov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/23/2013 11:49:18

Good day Steve,

Sorry for the delay. We had staff difficulties.
Strangely but I wasn't able to reproduce the issue. I have done everything by your instructions.
Lets try doing following: go to Configuration window, then Tools, Configuration, Send to Tech Support, and fill the form.

Any questions?Mail to support@actualtools.com!

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register