Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Hidden Start Menu not popping up » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2556

Steve Kalide
Advanced user

Posted: 07/05/2013 09:15:21

There seems to be a bug --

After hiding a taskbar on a monitor, pressing the windows-key does not pop up the Start menu like it should, as per the setting:

"Show the Start menu for hidden Start button"

Instead, it continues to pop up the Start menu on a monitor that doesn't have a hidden taskbar.

Could this please be fixed? I'd like to keep the taskbar hidden on my HDTV monitor to prevent burn-in, but would still like the ability to access the Start menu from it.

I've tried enabling/disabling/applying the function multiple times, all to no avail.

For reference --

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
AWM 7.5.1
3x monitors
AWM taskbars (each monitor has individual taskbar)

Thanks.

Win7/Win8.1 Pro (x64)
AWM 8.3b2

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/11/2013 14:35:45

Hello Steve

As per the setting "Show the Start menu for hidden Start button" Start menu shows up for the hidden Start Button (when the Start Button is disabled for particular taskbar), not for the hidden Taskbar.

Best regards.

Steve Kalide
Advanced user

Posted: 07/11/2013 14:55:25

Ah, I see. Understandable. I thought they were considered one and the same piece (start button and task bar).

Well, if it's not too much trouble, is there any chance the option could be added for the start menu to appear from a hidden taskbar? The option is useful when working on a screen that intentionally has no taskbar.

I've tried auto-hiding the taskbar, but it still leaves a white line on the screen, which has potential for screen burn (on the monitor I'm using).

The reason I ask is because I was having some AWM glitches a couple weeks ago that made the taskbar completely disappear, but the start menu would still appear when pressing the windows key. It was a nice ability, even if it was a glitch :)

Anyway, if it'd be too much trouble, no worries.

Thanks for the help.

Win7/Win8.1 Pro (x64)
AWM 8.3b2

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/17/2013 14:12:36

Hello Steve

We'll consider your request.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list