Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Odd Behaviour of Excluded Window Settings , Class and Caption tick boxes seem to have no effect » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 7029

David Tong

Posted: 01/25/2007 11:49:22

When you open the setting-up page for excluded windows, for each entry you get the option to tick a box next to the item 'Window Class', and one next to the item 'Window Caption'.

If the respective box is not ticked, the entry is greyed out.  At first I assumed that in this case the greyed out entry would not be taken into account by AWM.  

However what I find is that an entry is always taken into account even if it is greyed out.  The only way to stop it being taken into account is to tick the box (so it's no longer greyed out) and then to clear the entry.  

Am I missing something here, or is this an oversight?  As it is, there seems no point having the tick boxes.

(I first noticed this in version 4.2 and it's the same in 4.3).

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 01/26/2007 03:13:25

David, please send me your configuration and point there which exclusion do you have problems with.

David Tong

Posted: 01/26/2007 05:32:21

Alexey,

Thanks for responding.  I was trying to get exclusions for the many small message pop-ups that Windows uses.  For example, things like 'are you sure?' when you want to delete something.  Looks silly having a large array of buttons on the headers of such messages, and sometimes the buttons obscure the title message.

Anyway I've now excluded Window Classes #32770 and #32771 (in addition to #32768 that's excluded by default) and that seems to help.  

[Have you considered making it easier to exclude all these? For example in Ultramon the setup allows you to tick a box labelled 'Don't add custom buttons to dialogs and message boxes'].

Anyway let me rephrase the question in my first post.

First the setup:
1.  Assume I've entered #32770 as the Class for the excluded item 'Dialog box' and that Window Class is ticked.  
2.  If Caption and Program are not ticked I think that *all* windows of this class (from any program) will now be excluded.
3.  If I now tick the Program box and enter the details of a program in Program, only dialog boxes produced by that program should be excluded. Correct?
4.  If I now untick the Program box without deleting the contents, the details of the program become greyed out.  

Now for the question:
Which Dialog Box windows are excluded now?  Is it (a) those from *any* program or (b) just the ones from the greyed out program?

I think it ought to be (a) but when I played around with it yesterday it seemed to be (b).

Regards,
David.

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 01/26/2007 07:43:19

David,

Yes, we plan to simplify the settings configuration for some system windows, including common dialogs.

As for your question - of course, AWM should behave as stated by (a). I have checked it now on my machine, and it works as expected. So I repeat my request about sending me your settings.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register