Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Unable to sort taskbar tray icons » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2637

Steve Kalide
Advanced user

Posted: 06/01/2013 09:23:13

Taskbar tray icons aren't able to be dragged and reordered if they're contained in the tray pop-out menu. I'm able to click and drag them into different positions if they're already showing on the bar, but if they're in the pop-out menu, they can't be dragged into the always-visible section of the tray.

In the popout menu, left clicking and holding a program icon immediately activates the right-click menu. The icon can still be dragged around the popout menu, but the it's obfuscated from view because the right-click menu is already up.

But if you try to drag a pop-out icon to the main bar, it gives a visual indication like it's going to work, but it doesn't actually happen, like I'm able to do with Windows native taskbar.

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
AWM 7.5.1
3x monitors all with AWM's taskbar replacing Windows' native taskbar

Win7/Win8.1 Pro (x64)
AWM 8.3b2

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/14/2013 15:53:37

Hello Steve

Yes, for now it is impossible to drag the icons from the pop-out menu to the visible part of the system tray.

We'll consider your request.

About the activating of the right-click menu - what applications have you noticed the problem with?

Best regards.

Steve Kalide
Advanced user

Posted: 06/15/2013 16:32:47

Most of them --

Dropbox, Process Explorer, Windows Security Center, Apple Airport, Google Drive, Listary, Logitech Mouse/Keyboard Settings, Remove USB Devices, f.lux, etc...

I have 30-40+ icons there, probably 50-60% have right-click menus that activate immediately on a left down-click hold (holding in order to drag the icon). This causes the menu to pop up and get in the way, interfering. And then sometimes it causes the menu to get stuck floating open, even after clicking elsewhere on the screen -- I have to then click something in the menu to get it to disappear.

Regards,

Win7/Win8.1 Pro (x64)
AWM 8.3b2

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/17/2013 12:49:23

Hello Steve

The problem has been confirmed.

We'll try to fix it.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0