Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Problems with multiple monitors and virtual desktops » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2461

Goddard Len

Posted: 05/22/2013 18:29:05

Hi,
I'm running AWM 7.5.1 on a 64bit Win 7 system with 1 27" Dell and 1 24" Dell, using an nVidia 570 GPU.

I've been using AWM to give me two independent monitors quite successfully.  Yesterday I activated virtual desktops also, with 2 desktops.  This seemed to work OK and I was able to hotkey between desktops and/or monitors.

This morning I realised I had lost my wallpaper, so I defined a wallpaper on each virtual desktop on each monitor, actually using the same wallpaper for both desktops on each monitor.  After that the wallpaper did not show, but desktop switching became erratic and eventually stopped, I could not bring up the switcher and the icons on the extra taskbar buttons disappeared.  Restarting the system gave me wallpaper, but all the other problems quickly manifested themselves.  Eventually I gave up, turned off virtual desktops and now multiple monitor support with wallpaper works fine.

Any suggestions?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/28/2013 18:37:18

Hello Goddard

Do you mean now if the Virtual Desktops are enabled when you start the program the switcher doesn't show up and the icons on the secondary taskbar become blank?

Have you tried to change the wallpaper option of the Virtual Desktops back to Current Windows Background? Does it help?

Have you tried to delete the previously created Virtual Desktops and create the new ones?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register