Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Additional taskbar pins , Programs pinned on 2nd taskbar will not launch » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5539

Adrian Thurn

Posted: 05/17/2013 07:06:06

I am using windows 7 x64 ultimate and have a taskbar on my second monitor. If I pin a program to the 2nd monitor and not the first monitor, the program will not launch fr om the pinned icon. If i have it pinned on both taskbars, it launches fine from the 2nd monitor. It would be preferable to not have to have the program pinned on both taskbars, taking up space. I am not sure if there is a setting somewh ere that I am missing, or if this is a bug. Please let me know.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/20/2013 10:22:51

Hello Adrian

This behavior is not normal.

What our program are you running (name, version)?

What is the path to the installation folder?

Does the problem happen with all applications?

Will the creating the desktop icon without pinning on the primary taskbar solve the problem?

Could you see the properties for some pinned icon on the secondary that doesn't work (Shift + Right mouse click > properties)? On the Shortcut tab there is the target field. Does it coincide with the real path to the .exe file?

Best regards.

Adrian Thurn

Posted: 05/20/2013 10:49:30

I am running Actual Multiple Monitors version 5.1.1.
Yes, this happens with all applications, but I have narrowed it down to how to get it to happen. If you have something pinned on both taskbars, then unpin the program from your main taskbar (primary monitor), the shortcut on the secondary taskbar breaks (The target gets lost). There are only 4 tabs when this happens, General, Security, Details and Previous Versions. The other tabs, like target, are missing. If I unpin the program on my second taskbar so that it is not pinned at all, then repin on the second taskbar, it works correctly. It seems that removing the shortcut for the primary taskbar breaks the second taskbar.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/22/2013 14:34:15

Hello Adrian

I was unable to reproduce the issue.

Are you able to reproduce the problem with some application from scratch? I mean unpin the application from both taskbars, then pin it to the primary, then to the secondary and then unpin from the primary - will the icon on the secondary break or does the problem happens only with the previously pinned applications?

If I unpin the program on my second taskbar so that it is not pinned at all, then repin on the second taskbar, it works correctly.
Do you mean you don't even need to pin the icon to the primary to get it work on the secondary?

Could you also first pin the application to the primary, then to the secondary and the see the target for the pinned icon from the secondary, what it looks like?

Best regards.

Adrian Thurn

Posted: 05/29/2013 08:23:30

Yes, it happens with new applications as well. If I unpin the primary on a new application, it breaks. Then when the secondary application link is broken, i can unpin it and repin only on the secondary, and it is then working.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/29/2013 13:10:39

Hello Adrian

Could you also first pin the application to the primary, then to the secondary and then see the target for the pinned icon from the primary and from the secondary and specify these two paths in your message?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register