Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Setting up AMM for all users , How to setup Actual Multiple Monitor for a PC with multiple users » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 4426

Svend Tveden-Nyborg

Posted: 05/13/2013 19:04:40

We have a corporate presentation PC on which we want to install Actual Multiple Monitor.

The software runs fine for the initial user, but we cannot make it autostart for the next logged in user.

There MUST be a method to solve this. Please advice us.

Regards,

Nyborg

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/15/2013 10:05:45

Hello Svend

The Load at startup option should be enabled for every user.

Best regards.

Svend Tveden-Nyborg

Posted: 05/15/2013 13:32:36

That was our thought as well. However, that does not happen, and we have to initiate AMM for every user. This is not feasible for our organization where anyone may use the PC with their own login username and password, creating new user profiles under C:\users.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/16/2013 09:23:00

Hello Svend

What OS are you running (version, 32 or 64-bit)?

What version of AMM are you running?

Do you mean you've tried to enable the Load at startup option manually for every user and the program doesn't run at startup?

If yes, could you open the following registry path for one of the problem users:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\­Run

And see whether there is the entry for Actual Multiple Monitors.

Best regards.

Svend Tveden-Nyborg

Posted: 05/16/2013 16:05:04

I am running the following setup:
  • Windows 7, 32 bit
  • AMM, latest version
I have searched to see where I can force AMM to load at startup for ALL users (both existing and future users).

Regards,

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/20/2013 09:48:48

Hello Svend

Could you clarify what the problem is? Enabling the option "Load at startup" doesn't get the program to load at startup for particular users OR do you want the program to run at startup for all users without enabling this option for each of them?

You can force AMM to run at startup for all users. Run the command prompt as administrator and enter the following command:
C:\Program Files\Actual Multiple Monitors\ActualMultipleMonitorsCenter.exe s+ -all
where C:\Program Files\Actual Multiple Monitors\ is the path to the installation folder.

Do you want every user to use his own AMM configuration or do you want them to use the single configuration?

Best regards.

Svend Tveden-Nyborg

Posted: 05/21/2013 21:22:39

Hi Bogdan,

I want the program to run at startup for all users without enabling AMM for each of them, and I have tried the command as you suggested without success.

I am not sure if the suggested command prompt only works for NEW users, or if it should work for already registered users as well. Here it does not work.

Regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/29/2013 14:41:02

Hello Svend

Make sure that you run the command prompt as administrator before enter the command.

If the command was entered right, the Actual Multiple Monitor entry should appear in the following registry branch:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion­\Run

Could you check if the entry appears.

Best regards.

Svend Tveden-Nyborg

Posted: 07/22/2013 15:35:00

Hello Bogdan,

Sorry for the long delay. I can confirm that the setting was set in the registry.

Regards,

Svend

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/23/2013 09:50:05

Hello Svend

Are you running any anti virus software?

What is this software (name, version)?

Could you try to add the ActualMultipleMonitorsCennter.exe to the exclusions for your anti virus software to check if it solves the problem?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register