Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Wallpaper switcher causing system to freeze » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2450

Steve Kalide
Advanced user

Posted: 05/10/2013 13:29:16

I have AWM set to automatically switch the desktop wallpaper on all three monitors every 10 minutes. Whenever this happens, however, it causes the rest of the system to freeze for a little bit, until it finally changes the wallpaper and then everything else resumes (like internet browsing in Firefox).

Any idea how to fix this?

I've wondered if it's perhaps because AWM is accessing wallpaper files that are on a hard drive that's currently spun-down in the idle power-saving state, and perhaps because of this, AWM has to wait for the drive to spin up, but because AWM hooks all of the system's windows, it causes everything to seem frozen until this task can be accomplished.

An example of the freezing issue -- I'll be browsing the internet with Firefox (Cyberfox/Waterfox/Pale Moon variants). Suddenly, web pages will stop scrolling, everything becomes unclickable/unselectable, and I can't do anything. If I try to click on anything in the window, like another tab, Windows turns the window white to signify the program isn't responding. But as soon as AWM changes the wallpapers, everything releases and continues on.

Windows 7 x64
AWM 7.5.1

Win7/Win8.1 Pro (x64)
AWM 8.3b2

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/15/2013 13:28:20

Hello Steve

I was unable to reproduce it.

What applications have you noticed the problem with? Does it happen with the standard Firefox variant?

Does it happen with internet browsers only? If yes, does it depend on what page is open?

Does it depend on how your system is loaded, i mean on how much open windows and programs in your system?

Does it depend on what theme are you using - Aero, Basic or Classic?

How long does it takes AWM to change the background images on all three monitors?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register