Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Window dropdown menu sizes glitching » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2425

Steve Kalide
Advanced user

Posted: 05/03/2013 09:40:43

There's some sort of malfunction/glitch happening whereby certain windows' dropdown menus (from the menu bar) are being ill-resized somehow.

For example, if a dropdown menu is normally 100x100px, I'll suddenly find that the menu is automatically resized to 50x50px -- cutting off access to a large portion of the menu. Or the opposite -- the menus will suddenly be 200x200px, with massive amounts of blank gray or white space.

Resizing the window doesn't change anything. Resizing the window through AWM's menu option seems to alter the dropdown menu sizes somehow, but not for the better --

i.e., just now, my Notepad dropdown menus were chopped way down, cutting off many options and submenus. I was able to keyboard-navigate through the menus blindly, finding the AWM resize menu and resizing the Notepad window that way. I can now see the full menus again, however, there's now a massive amount of extra gray or white space in every menu (like triple the size of the normal menus).

For the record, the applications this has been happening to are applications that have "Specific Settings" set under "Window Settings". They also all have in common the "Block premature" option set. When this problem happens, I try enabling the compatibility mode and applying, to no avail. Then I try disabling the option entirely and applying, to no avail. Perhaps I need to completely exit out of all the affected windows/programs and restart them to "refresh" the correct menu sizes? If so, unfortunately I'm tied up with work and can't currently close out of the multitude of affected windows, so I'll have to try that later (if you suggest doing so).

But hopefully there's a better way to solve the issue, rather than having to exit and restart programs.

Also -- I believe this may be happening when a monitor is turned off/on, causing Windows to jumble the display output, bouncing things around to the new number of monitors. But the options to "resize/relocate" windows when moved to a new monitor are both disabled, so I don't believe AWM would be resizing the menus in lieu of that.

Thanks.

Win7/Win8.1 Pro (x64)
AWM 8.3b2

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/14/2013 18:47:54

Hello Steve

What our product (name, version) are you running?

What OS are you running (version, 32 or 64-bit)?

Does it happen every time and the same way for the particular applications?

Are you able to reproduce this?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register