Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Windows Explorer really slow and crashing on Windows 8 » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3724

Chris Kistorian

Posted: 04/09/2013 15:20:00

I have been using Actual Window Manager software for more than one year.  My configuration file is very large at this point (more than 1 mb) and I have recently upgraded OS to Windows 8 (from Windows 7).  I noticed the actual window manager software works like a charm prior to reloading my configuration file; but as soon as I load it, Windows Explorer constantly crashes and works VERY slow.  I see a button that says to send the file to technical support for issues and was wondering how I can arrange for technical support to analyze the configuration file and possibly fix any errors that are causing Windows 8 explorer to crash constantly?  Please help asap as this problem is very frustrating and I've been dealing with it for more than 2 months now thinking that the problem is OS related and just recently learned that the explorer only crashes when Actual Window Manager software is installed and running (with my configuration file loaded).

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/10/2013 00:30:10

Hello Chris

Are you always able to reproduce the problem? Can you give me a step-by-step description of how to reproduce the problem?

Send us your configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool.

Best regards.

Chris Kistorian

Posted: 04/28/2013 19:35:42

Well its just a performance problem; no particular issue that needs to be reproduced.  I feel like the configuration file may be corrupted?  I have added to it, backed up, and restored hundreds of times, so I think there may be some type of repair needed on this backup file.  Do you have a way of examining the configuration files to see if everything looks okay, or pinpoint and fix any potential inconsistent information from it?  I just used the send to tech support button, attached, and emailed it over to you.  I look forward to your response.

Chris Kistorian

Posted: 04/30/2013 13:58:52

I sent in my file and somebody responded saying:

Hello Chris,

If you have any questions regarding our software - please let me know, I will be glad to help you.  

Best regards,
Vasiliy I.
Actual Tools Support Service
www.ActualTools.com

Are you looking at the backup configuration file now?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/13/2013 17:01:38

Hello Chris.

Could you send the configuration files again giving a link to this thread in your email?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register