New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 18 of 18
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Stay on Top Hell , Windows from multiple applications stay on top without request » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 10426

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 04/02/2013 09:24:52

Hello Bruce,

If the dialog box is completely covered then the only way out that I know of is the kill the app.
Are you not able to deselect Stay on top, either by clicking the Stay on top title button  (if you have it) or by right-clicking the taskbar button and then choose Stay on top? That is how I am always able to unselect Stay on top for the window that is in the way. After that I can minimize that window and then the window I am looking for appears.

Best regards.

Bruce Temple

Posted: 04/10/2013 18:02:53

Sorry, I didn't notice that a page 2 had started. When an application has a dialog box open that it is waiting for a response to I am unable to get the original window to receive focus so that I can switch off stay on top. Would be nice if there was an override command that would turn off stay on top for all windows on the system. That might provide some escape. But I have run into situations where the task manager would not even come to the top so I could kill the process.

Bruce

Bruce Temple

Posted: 04/12/2013 17:20:08

Hi Bogdan, Got 7.5.1 will report if I notice the behavior again.

Thanks
Bruce

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 04/15/2013 02:04:11

Hello Bruce,

When an application has a dialog box open that it is waiting for a response to I am unable to get the original window to receive focus so that I can switch off stay on top.
I see. That is fortunately a situation I have not encountered  :) , but I see how terrible it can be  :(

Would be nice if there was an override command that would turn off stay on top for all windows on the system.
I have investigated whether it would be possible to move just the dialog window to a virtual desktop, but that does not work. If you were able to do that, you could then close the dialog window and toggle the Stay on top state. Both windows are always moved together when moving tot a virtual desktop, so that will not give you any new options, unfortunately.

But I have run into situations where the task manager would not even come to the top so I could kill the process.
Do I understand correctly that you only have one monitor? In a multiple monitor setup one is always able to open Task Manager on the other monitor.

Best regards.

P.S. When entering a message you can always check the check box for "Subscribe to the new topic messages" and you will receive an e-mail when a post is added to the thread. This e-mail contains a link that will take you directly to the new post and you do not have to check every time yourself whether a new message has been posted (I concluded from your statement that you had not seen that page 2 had started, that you checked for new posts "manually").

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/17/2013 01:55:06

Hello gentlemen

Does the problem still persist in the latest version 7.5.1?

Best regards.

Bruce Temple

Posted: 04/18/2013 18:09:30

Hi Bogdan

I have not encounter any issues with the new version, and since you have been so responsive I would try to write up any issues found as soon as I could.  I have not been using the system as I normally would for the past week although I have been very active on it, took a week off to pay games, and prepare for an upcoming photo shoot. Will resume my more normal use of the system next week, but so far I am very pleased :D

Pim, I have 3 monitors, the Task Manager remembers the monitor it was last used on and starts there. If you have the misfortune of having the stay on top problem on the same monitor as the task manger last was used on it is hidden and not accessible (Bogdan this has not occurred with the latest release) just answering Pims post.

Bruce

Bruce Temple

Posted: 04/26/2013 19:38:45

Hi Bogdan, just had a stay on top occurrence. I had just closed multiple IE windows and tabs, and had just exited Photoshop and had 2 Explorer windows up. One was C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\share\gimp\2.0\brushes\Nagel (a protected folder) and the other was C:\Users\Bruce\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Presets\Brushes. I had deleted multiple files from the protected folder and then switched to the Photoshop folder to copy multiple files to the protected folder. I was expecting the dialog box confirming the write to the protected folder but it did not gain focus. It was under the Photoshop folder and that window had been set to stay on top.

Regards
Bruce

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 05/01/2013 14:03:35

Hello Bogdan and Bruce,

I have experienced the stay on top issue twice since I upd ated to AWM 7.5.1 approximately a week ago. So yes, the problem persists in AWM 7.5.1. Unfortunately, I have not been able tor reproduce the issue or even remember what I did exactly when it occurred.

Pim, I have 3 monitors, the Task Manager remembers the monitor it was last used on and starts there. If you have the misfortune of having the stay on top problem on the same monitor as the task manger last was used on it is hidden and not accessible
This behavior is different fr om how it behaves on my Vista Ultimate 32-bit system. Task Manager opens on the monitor I open it on and does not remember wh ere it has been opened before. That is because an AWM setting is applied to Task Manager. I have made a specific setting for Task Manager, because it has stay on top as a Windows standard, which I do not want. In that rule I also have set on the startup tab of AWM that the window is moved to the monitor having the mouse pointer. However, if you do not have or want a specific setting for Task Manager it also works if in the default setting of AWM > Startup tab you have set that the window is moved to the monitor having the mouse pointer. I have just tested the latter to confirm it works. Perhaps you do not have no AWM setting (default or specific) with Move to monitor having mouse pointer. Making such a setting could be a temporary solution for the problem. Let me know if that works for you. In the end, of course, the stay on top bug has to be solved, but, as I said, I still have not been able to reproduce it.

Best regards.

Messages 11 - 18 of 18
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register