New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 20 of 26
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

Topic: «[RESOLVED]AWM Toolbar-- System Tray , How To Display System Tray only on Secondary » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 18415

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 10/10/2014 23:34:29

Lars,

Technically, there is no possibility to disable the STNA because we need its information to display AWM STNA.

Did you try the solution Bogdan suggested you above? (BTW, he left his job at Actual Tools.) I mean, did you try to replace the system taskbar with Actual taskbar and disable the notification area in the Actual taskbar instance on the primary monitor?

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 10/10/2014 23:38:31

Well, obviously it would be the best if Actual Window Manager taskbar was retaining the icons order after a user has made changes to it on the native Windows taskbar and if it was changing the order of tray icons on the native windows taskbar along with the changes a user made on it it. We're not sure if it can be implemented that way, but we are ready to consider that request.
Yes, I would agree.

However, under AWM > Multiple Monitors > Taskbar > Multi-monitor Tasbar > Options > "Replace the primary Taskbar" if this is ENABLED does AWM support a STNA on it as well? If so, then wouldn't that by definition mean that AWM would be able to correctly manage at a minimum a synched-order on the both STNA?

Further, in the case above wouldn't this mean that AWM would have the ability to either display or not display on each Taskbar an STNA?

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
Lars

Sincerely,
Lars

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 10/11/2014 02:04:47

Alex,

Technically, there is no possibility to disable the STNA because we need its information to display AWM STNA.
When I say "disable" I mean not visible or known to exist to the end-user. Therefore, I'd expect it to be made hidden.

Did you try the solution Bogdan suggested you above? (BTW, he left his job at Actual Tools.) I mean, did you try to replace the system taskbar with Actual taskbar and disable the notification area in the Actual taskbar instance on the primary monitor?
I'm not sure if Bogdan suggested anything. I've done this before, and once re-implementing I remember why I don't use. Replacing the Windows Native Taskbar doesn't work. It remains displayed and I can see it through the AWM Taskbar and it's annoying at best. However, that isn't the real problem. When I select the AWM Taskbar on Monitor #2, on Monitor #1 the Windows Native Taskbar becomes dominate in the foreground while the AWM Taskbar goes to the background (otherwise not visible). Therefore this solution or workaround creates more concerns than it solves and I don't see a method to make invisible or deactivate the AWM STNA on the Primary Monitor #1.

I'm using Windows 7, 64-bit all patches/service packs/hot fixes/whatever

Sincerely,
Lars

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 10/13/2014 21:34:02

Dear Lars,

thank you for your replies.

I took your config and did the following:
  • went to Actual Window Manager -> Multiple Monitors -> Taskbar and marked the Replace the primary taskbar checkbox, clicked OKUser added an image;
  • right-clicked the primary taskbar and unchecked the Show the notification area menu itemUser added an image.

I ended up with a primary taskbar with no notification area, like this:
User added an image

I also unmarked and then marked again the Lock the taskbar menu item to move the taskbar to top of the screen, but that doesn't matter much.

Can you reproduce it?

support@actualtools.com

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 10/14/2014 01:14:07

Alexander,

The additional step of "Auto-Hide Taskbar" = checked is needed on the Windows Primary Taskbar before "Replace the primary taskbar" in AWM is checked. Otherwise the (Windows) Primary taskbar will show through the AWM Taskbar when Aero is enabled.

To me the "Auto-Hide Taskbar" = checked needs to be implemented in AWM when "Replace the Primary taskbar" is checked (and then of course remembering the prior state and returning its original value when AWM Taskbar is unchecked).

Sincerely,
Lars

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 10/20/2014 20:33:53

Thank you for your reply, Lars!

Doesn't your Windows taskbar disappear after you check the Replace the primary taskbar checkbox? The feature you request had been implemented earlier - Actual Window Manager makes the native taskbar Auto-hide and vice versa on the relevant configuration changes and when the Control Center is being loaded/unloaded.

Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 10/21/2014 22:07:41

Doesn't your Windows taskbar disappear after you check the Replace the primary taskbar checkbox? The feature you request had been implemented earlier - Actual Window Manager makes the native taskbar Auto-hide and vice versa on the relevant configuration changes and when the Control Center is being loaded/unloaded.
No. Only if I select "Auto-hide the taskbar". Further, because I have Aero enabled you can see below the AWM Taskbar the native Windows Taskbar. In addition there is a drawing defect on the AWM Taskbar as it "draws" a line at the top (horizontal) -- this may be due to the native Windows Taskbar being displayed in "Auto-hide the taskbar" and AWM Taskbar logic 'seeing' that little part of the Windows Taskbar and then displaying once pixel below it for the Top position of the AWM Taskbar.

I am not experiencing AWM making the native Windows Taskbar hidden. I've always experienced AWM Taskbar replacement behavior this undesirable way.

What are your thoughts?

Sincerely,
Lars

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 10/22/2014 17:13:03

Dear Lars,

thank you for your reply!

Has restarting Actual Window Manager and/or re-adjusting the Replace the primary taskbar ever helped to get rid of this behavior?

Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 11/02/2014 08:16:05

Has restarting Actual Window Manager and/or re-adjusting the Replace the primary taskbar ever helped to get rid of this behavior?
AWM v8.2.2

Using AWM Taskbars (replaced Windows native). No notifications on Primary monitor #1 do the following:

On monitor #1 press the Windows Start key/button -- The Windows native Taskbar comes to the foreground with notifications and all.

Sincerely,
Lars

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 11/06/2014 12:27:11

Lars, thank you for your post!

Do you use any software that extends or customizes functionality or appearance of a taskbar and its elements?

Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

Messages 11 - 20 of 26
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login