New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 26
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

Topic: «[RESOLVED]AWM Toolbar-- System Tray , How To Display System Tray only on Secondary » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 18437

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 02/15/2013 08:25:21

Using 7.4.2:

Is there any way to remove the System Tray on the primary monitor and only have it, the System Tray, displayed on the secondary monitor? If I deactivate the System Tray on the primary monitor it is also removed on the secondary monitor. Based on my workflow, hardware, and other environmental conditions I desperately need the "extra" screen real estate on the primary monitor Toolbar. This seems like it would be a standard, one check box, selection, but I can figure how to accomplish.

Thank you for you feedback.

Sincerely,
Lars

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/17/2013 01:50:15

Hello Zardoz2293

How did you manage to remove the notification area? Did you remove it from the system taskbar or from the AWM taskbar?

Actually, AWM duplicates the notification area from the one on the system taskbar, so if you want to have it on the secondary only you have to enable it on the system, enable the "Replace the primary taskbar" option in AWM and uncheck the "Show the notification area" in the primary monitor AWM taskbar context menu.

Best regards.

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 02/17/2013 14:13:04

Bogdan,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm using Tordex's True Launch Bar with AWM. Do you know of any way to get the desired results (notifications only on the secondary monitor)? True Launch Bar is a fantastic product and when coupled with AWM makes for a very powerful working environment. Using your above process I get strange behavior. It's best if you install TLB yourself with it docked on the Windows Toolbar on the primary monitor and AWM on the secondary monitor.

Thank you for any suggestions and recommendations for a solutions.

Sincerely,
Lars

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/17/2013 23:44:30

Zardoz2293

Do you mean you disable the notification area via True Launch Bar?

How you do that?

What strange behavior are you talking about? Could you describe it more detailed?

Best regards.

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 10/08/2014 10:31:32

Bogdan,

I'm following up on this in AWM 8.2 - Final.

There's the Windows SysTray/Notification Area (herein STNA) and then there is AWM STNA. My concern is two fold:

#1) Is there anyway to disable the Windows STNA while keeping the AWM STNA? Including having the ability to perform the opposite (as in AWM STNA disabled and Windows STNA enabled)? I realize why would I want or need both of these capability and it is very simple. Having one configuration and working with it for a while and then changing the environment and finding which combination provides for the highest productivity.

#2) Currently I have both Windows STNA and AWM STNA displayed. In short it is ridiculous because both STNA display the program icons in a different order. I'm looking for consistency. If ordered then the behavior should always maintain that order which the end-user specified.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
Lars

Sincerely,
Lars

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 10/08/2014 22:36:02

Dear Lars,

the thought is to try to implement the STNA which would have the icons in the same order. Would it suit your needs?

Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 10/09/2014 05:01:57

the thought is to try to implement the STNA which would have the icons in the same order. Would it suit your needs?

Yes, having the STNA in the same order would be great! The question then is what happens when one reorders or moves via DND at either STNA?

Sincerely,
Lars

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 10/09/2014 22:22:31

Thank you for your reply, Lars!

What does DND stand for?

support@actualtools.com

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 10/09/2014 22:48:13

Alexander,

What does DND stand for?
Sorry, DND = Drag N Drop or Drag aNd Drop

Sincerely,
Lars

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 10/10/2014 16:53:07

Well, obviously it would be the best if Actual Window Manager taskbar was retaining the icons order after a user has made changes to it on the native Windows taskbar and if it was changing the order of tray icons on the native windows taskbar along with the changes a user made on it it. We're not sure if it can be implemented that way, but we are ready to consider that request. What are your thoughts?

Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

Messages 1 - 10 of 26
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login