New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 19 of 19
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «show desktop and start on 1 monitor » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 11304

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/24/2013 05:29:30

Hello okeee

Is Trillian affected by AMM? Do you run it as administrator?

Try to re-install AMM and enable the "Support system utilities..." option during the installation.

Check whether it solves the problem, let us know.

Best regards.

okeee

Posted: 03/05/2013 07:58:30

i run as admin yes. i am not sure, but when i previously installed it, it worked fine. the trillian link opened up in the correct monitor.
Try to re-install AMM and enable the "Support system utilities..." option during the installation.
do you mean this option:
User added an image
i enabled it, restart, but no difference.

Could you send me your configuration files (Actual Multiple Monitors -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support)?
here are the files:
My Webpage
My Webpage

Could you also provide a more detailed step by step description of how to reproduce the problem?
Because I was unable to reproduce the problem using your description.
1 click on trillian email link
2 link opens in secondary instead of primary monitor.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/06/2013 04:16:19

Hello okeee

Does your system user account have an administrative privileges?

Seems that Trillian and Chrome that you open from Trillian aren't processed by AMM. Check this please. Does Trillian have the AMM title buttons or system menu items?

Also try to launch Trillian under your usual user and check whether the problem persists.

Best

okeee

Posted: 03/08/2013 08:37:15

yes, user account is admin.

i noticed that the problem occurs NOT specifically with trillian, it is with any program in windows. so whenever the browser is opened via any link (such as in trillian) and NOT the chrome shortcut, this problem occurs.

also i am quite sure that the problem did not occur when i previously installed AMM (same version), so it might be AMM configuration settings?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/12/2013 00:20:37

Seems that Trillian and Chrome that you open from Trillian aren't processed by AMM. Check this please. Does Trillian have the AMM title buttons or system menu items?

Also try to launch Trillian under your usual user and check whether the problem persists.

okeee

Posted: 03/17/2013 10:33:24

yes the title buttons appear in trillian. also is it NOT trillian specific, for example, it happens with AMM itself too, when i click 'upgrade' and the chrome opens. so it is a windows xp configuration?

there is only 1 user using this pc/trillian.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/18/2013 23:48:55

Hello okeee

You wrote you run trillian as admin. Do you mean you right click the trillian icon and select the "Run as" item?

Could you send me a screenshot of the whole trillian window?

Best regards.

okeee

Posted: 03/19/2013 04:37:00

You wrote you run trillian as admin. Do you mean you right click the trillian icon and select the "Run as" item?
no, there is only 1 user on this pc, who is admin. i cant use the "Run as" item,because there is no specific admin account.  
[img][IMG]http://i.minus.com/jtXD2T7p2q1Wt.jpg[/img][/IMG]

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/19/2013 23:45:39

Hello okeee

Also give me a screenshot of the Chrome window opened from other program (when the problem occurs).

Make the same thing i asked you before with the Log window. Give me two screenshots - one with the entries that appear in the log window when you open Chrome from the shortcut and other when you open it from the link in other program (clear log, open chrome, make screenshot, clear log, open chrome in other way, make screenshot).

Send us your configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool. You gave us the links before, but those aren't full configuration files.

Best regards.

Messages 11 - 19 of 19
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register