Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Which monitor on run? » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2649

pcollier

Posted: 01/24/2013 08:56:29

Folks

Love the product and have been using it for years....  I have start buttons for Excel and Word on the taskbar at the bottom of each of three monitors.  Sometimes when I click on a start button on one monitor the program will open on a different one.  Is there a setting to force programs to open on the monitor fr om where they were launched?  I sometimes have separate instances of the same program running on two monitors. Hopefully how and wh ere I close them doesn't complicate the issue.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/25/2013 01:45:52

Hello pcollier.

What our product (name, version) are you running?

Some our products have the feature - "Move at Startup to Monitor" and you can choose one the modes: Exactly Specified, Having mouse pointer etc.

Best regards.

pcollier

Posted: 01/25/2013 10:12:32

I'm running AMM version 4.0.

I played around with the  "Move at Startup to Monitor" option and it still doesn't do what I want.  All I want is the program to open on the monitor where I clicked the taskbar button to launch it.

With three monitors I have three taskbars and each has an Excel button on it.  Right now if I click Excel on the middle monitor it's launching on the left.  This is with AMM set to "Having mouse pointer" checked

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/28/2013 01:19:00

Hello pcollier.

Are you sure that the appropriate Window Settings are applied to the Excel window. You can check it in the log window (AMM context menu > Show log window > Enable logging > launch Excel and see the Rule/Exclusion column).

Have you tried the feature with other applications?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register