Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Sometimes windows stay on top » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2753

Steve Kalide
Advanced user

Posted: 12/12/2012 17:04:12

Occasionally, a window forcibly stays on top, and won't defer going into the background when clicking a window that's behind it. However, if I click back into the window that's forcibly staying on top and then click back to another window, it will then fall back into the background.

And I haven't inadvertently activated "stay on top" for the window, either. (at least, that I'm aware of)

I'm trying to find a way to consistently repeat it, but am unable to find a pattern. The way it just happened -- I had an open Notepad, and I wanted to open up another one. I moved my mouse to the Notepad icon on the taskbar, held Shift, and then clicked the Notepad icon. A new Notepad popped up. I clicked inside it, but the previous Notepad stayed on top, and wouldn't fall behind the new Notepad, even after multiple clicks. I then clicked inside the previous Notepad (the one staying on top), and then clicked back into the newly opened Notepad, and then the previous one fell behind it.

(AWM 7.3, Win7 x64)

Win7/Win8.1 Pro (x64)
AWM 8.3b2

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/18/2012 02:01:45

Hello Steve.

Is the "stay always-on-top" title button displayed on the problem window titlebar? Does it display the current status properly?

What applications besides notepad have you noticed the problem with?

Best regards.

Steve Kalide
Advanced user

Posted: 12/18/2012 04:03:47

It just happened a few minutes ago, but I can't remember which program it was (I have so many open). I believe it might have been Waterfox or Pale Moon (Firefox variants).

I don't have the miscellaneous icons at the top anymore, such as the icon that would show whether the pinning has been activated or not. Is there another way I can check to see if a window has been pinned (activated) without disturbing what may be causing the hiccup?

Win7/Win8.1 Pro (x64)
AWM 8.3b2

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/20/2012 03:22:35

Yes, if you have this button disabled, then the corresponding item appears both in the window system menu and in the grouping button menu. You can check the status of "Always-on-top" there - if it is enabled then there is the check opposite this item.

Best regards.

Steve Kalide
Advanced user

Posted: 12/20/2012 04:31:25

Alrighty. I'll check for that next time it happens (if it happens again).

Win7/Win8.1 Pro (x64)
AWM 8.3b2

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register