Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Desktop icons move when starting/stoping Actual Multiple Monitors » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 4488

Frank Gump

Posted: 12/11/2012 17:40:07

Hello.  I'm trying out Actual Multiple Monitors and really like it, but am having an issue that I can't seem to figure out.  Each time Actual Multiple Monitors starts, some of my icons (about 3/4 of the way down the screen) move up one row.  When I stop or exit the application, they move back down a row, creating gaps.  I'm using the original taskbar on my main monitor and let Actual Multiple Monitors display the taskbar on my second monitor.  Not sure what it seems to be drawing or undrawing, but it keeps moving my icons.  I tried to select the option that says "save desktop icons order", but this doesn't help.

When this doesn't work my monitor identified as #1 is the one on my right and #2 is the one on my left.  I have #1 set as the primary.  If tell Actual Multiple Monitors to switch the primary display, #1 becomes the left monitor (now the primary), #2 the right.  With this setup, the icon issue does not happen!  Does my primary monitor need to be #1?  Sorry for any dumb questions, I just got a second monitor and am not very familiar with the dual setup or requirements.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much for your time.

Kindest Regards,

FGump

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/12/2012 00:50:10

Hello Frank.

What version of Actual Multiple Monitors are you running?

Could you give me step-by-step screenshots of how your desktops icons move up and down?

Is there a gap between maximized window and the taskbar on the monitor where the icons move when Actual Multiple Monitors works?

Best regards.

Frank Gump

Posted: 12/12/2012 11:16:13

I'm using the latest trial version 4.3 that was just released.

The best way for me to demonstrate this would be to try and make a video, but I've taken a couple of screenshots to try and show you.  Just that it's hard to see in them and I can't seem to attach a ZIP file. I will try to email it to your support email address.  

For some reason - when I start/run Actual Multiple Monitors, it resize or repositions ALL my desktop icons on my primary display slightly (like they are being aligned to a different grid, size, or font).  Then if I stop Actual Multiple Monitors, then shift back to their original grid position/size.  Sometimes this creates gaps between icons if they are down by the taskbar.

I do not see a gap between any maximized window and the taskbar on the primary monitor where the icons are moving.  I do have the taskbar settings setup as individual and I do NOT replace the primary taskbar.  I do not have any icons on my secondary monitor desktop.

This issue is happening on more than one computer that I've tried it on.  If I tell Actual Multiple Monitors to set my primary to my other monitor (on the left) - this issue does not happen.  Very strange.

I hope this helps.  Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Best Regards,

Frank

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/18/2012 00:50:17

Hello Frank.

Have you sent the screenshots to us? We can't find anything.

Best regards.

Frank Gump

Posted: 12/18/2012 12:48:04

Yes, I just sent you a ZIP file called Desktop.zip

I hope it helps to show how the icons are resizing with AMM running and not running.  Included in that ZIP file is also a screenshot of my monitor setup screen from AMM.

Best Regards

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/26/2012 02:38:16

Hello Frank.

The reposition of the icons is caused by the system - it somehow recalculates the work area according to bottom line of the work area on the most left monitor (line between the desktop and the taskbar). So, to stop this behavior try to give the both taskbars the same size or/and replace the taskbar on the secondary to different sides of the monitor.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register