Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Unghost hotkey » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 9314

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 12/18/2006 07:47:37

Just noticed that the temporary 'Unghost' hotkey doesn't quite work as I would expect.

I click on the ghost button (applied to all windows) in my favourite test apps, calculator and notepad. The window looses all its functionality as expected.

I hold down CTRL+SHIFT and click on the ghost button again - window comes back to life as expected.

I click on the ghost button again, but the window is still fully functional - not ghosted as I would expect - until the window looses focus. This isn't necessary the first time you ghost a window - the effect is immediate.

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 12/20/2006 09:32:04

Yes, the "Unghost temporarily" feature has some peculiarities: there's no need to click the "Ghost" title button when you click the CTRL+SHIFT and move the mouse pointer over the window - because in such case your window is already unghosted and will be ghosted back automatically when you move the mouse pointer out of it!

The supposed way of using this feature is the following: click CTRL+SHIFT, move the mouse pointer over the desired window, release CTRL+SHIFT, handle the window as required, move the mouse pointer out of the window so it becomes a ghost again.

It's possibly non-intuitive a bit but we were unable to implement it in more convenient way due to some low-level Windows specifics.

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 01/02/2007 10:13:19

I see - that does make more sense and is actually easier to use once you know how :)

However I still think there is a glitch - I'll try and explain the flow I might use which produces it.

1. Ghost a window using a titlebutton
2. CTRL+SHIFT and click on the Ghost button to permanently unghost it and use it again for a while (in conjunction with other apps - i.e. I'll be swapping between windows which is why I wanted to permanently unghost).
3. Click the Ghost titlebutton again to reapply ghosting. Now the ghosting doesn't happen until I leave the window.

On the first press of the Ghost button, it was applied immediately. Perhaps its something to do with the temporary unghost code looking for window enter/leave messages? Its only a minor thing, as when I reghost, I typically leave the window anyway - its just that any stray clicks within the window do have an effect...

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register