New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 15 of 15
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Actual taskbar icon corruption » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 10891

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/18/2012 02:58:42

Hello gentlemen.

Scott, does the Outlook icon become blank now sometimes or it's never become blank?

What OS are you running (version, 32- or 64-bit)?

What version of Outlook are you running?

Have you encountered this issue with other programs?

Steve, what programs have you noticed the problem with?

Best regards.

Steve Kalide
Advanced user

Posted: 12/18/2012 04:10:40

Windows 7 system windows like "Device Manager", "Sound" control, and a few others (I can't remember them off top of my head), all appear as the Starcraft 2 icon. I keep thinking that Starcraft 2 has somehow started up on its own :)

I imagine it's some type of corruption or mis-cacheing in the icon cache?

Win7/Win8.1 Pro (x64)
AWM 8.3b2

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/20/2012 03:28:29

Hello Steve.

Does the issue appear on both system and AWM taskbars? Does it occur when AWM is not launched?

Best regards.

Steve Kalide
Advanced user

Posted: 12/20/2012 04:35:43

I have all of my taskbars replaced with AWM. But if I exit AWM and go back to Windows taskbars, all of the icons are there normally.

Along the same lines of this issue -- sometimes the icon will just be "blank" or empty, rather than a duplicate of another *program's. Like this browser I'm using right now (Waterfox), it's taskbar icon is blank.

*On that note, the oddity of the issue -- the only taskbar icon that gets duplicated is Starcraft 2, and that icon gets applied to various different programs, which have no interaction or anything to do with Starcraft. Just a bit of info that may help in tracking it down. (Perhaps Starcraft has done something to corrupt AWM's icon cache?).

EDIT:

Waterfox's taskbar icon was blank. I exited AWM and it looked normal on the Windows taskbar. I restarted AWM and the Waterfox icon is displayed normally.

I suspect that this issue may have something to do with my frequent switching between two monitors and three monitors, which seems to cause a lot of "chaos" as windows and resolutions jump around and resize and bounce all over the place as Windows tries to calm down with the new monitor adjustment :)

In fact, I believe that that may be where the correlation to this behavior is. Aware of that now, I'll watch for it the next time I switch a monitor on or off.

Win7/Win8.1 Pro (x64)
AWM 8.3b2

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/26/2012 03:20:51

Hello Steve.

Try to use the latest version of AWM - 7.4.

Let us know whether the problem solved.

Best regards.

Messages 11 - 15 of 15
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login