New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 13
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «[FIXED] Secondary taskbar not launching at startup » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 10171

Michael Williams

Posted: 11/27/2012 18:07:56

I know this should be pretty simple, but can Actual Multiple Monitors be set up to launch the secondary taskbar on startup.  I have played with the settings and while AMM runs on start up, I can't get the secondary taskbar until go into configuration, unload AMM and then load AMM again.  I'm sure that I'm missing something pretty simple...

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/27/2012 22:51:04

Hello Michael.

Are you able to make the taskbar on the secondary appear without opening the configuration window - just stopping and starting AMM (AMM tray context menu > Stop/Start)?

Does the "Unhide taskbars" button (Multiple Monitors > Taskbar tab) helps in this situation?

What version of AMM are you running?

What OS are you running (version, 32 or 64-bit)?

Best regards.

Chaka Wong

Posted: 11/28/2012 03:26:26

I have also ran into this problem. After starting AMM, the taskbar on my secondary monitor will disappear when I move my cursor near it. I can get it again by unloading and reloading AMM, but it'll just disappear again, this only happened when I upgraded to AMM version 4.3.

Right now I rolled it back to version 4.2 where the taskbar will stick around.

Currently I am on Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/28/2012 22:11:53

Hello Chaka Wong.

The same questions:

Are you able to make the taskbar on the secondary appear without opening the configuration window - just stopping and starting AMM (AMM tray context menu > Stop/Start)?

Does the "Unhide taskbars" button (Multiple Monitors > Taskbar tab) helps in this situation?

Best regards.

Chaka Wong

Posted: 11/30/2012 03:07:23

Unhide taskbars did not work for me; however, as described before stop/start will bring the taskbar back, but only for a moment before I move the cursor over it.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/02/2012 19:51:57

Hello Chaka Wong.

Please send us the configuration files version using the Send to Tech Support tool, but first install version 4.3.

Best regards.

P THoreson

Posted: 02/16/2013 09:53:38

I am currently using AMM 7.4.2 (5.0.3?), and ever since 7.4.1 the task bar on my secondary monitor does not appear on startup, it only appears after opening the AMM configuration window, selecting the Multiple Monitors tab, then "Unhide Taskbars". How can the default be changed so that the task bar on the secondary monitor appears on startup?

James McCarron

Posted: 02/17/2013 01:09:50

Looks like I am having the same problem with AMM 5.03; when I restart my computer, the second monitors taskbar is hidden, although the start button is visible (just no taskbar).  I can go into Properties, which beings up the AMM control panel, and then hit "unhide taaskbars."  However, every time I reboot I must repeat this action.   Primary taskbar is present, only the second monitor seems to be affected.  I am running System 7 x64, and everything on this computer is pretty basic.  This only started happening after the latest upgrade.  

I have tried about every combination of configurations, but after each reboot I am back to the situation described above.  I have noticed that if making any changes that causes the "Apply" button to allow for activation (no matter the configuration) and then hit Apply, the taskbar is returned (until I reboot).  

Thank you!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/17/2013 03:21:09

Hello gentlemen

Send us your configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool.

P THoreson, are you able to see the Start orb when your taskbar is not shown? Are you able to make the taskbar show up applying some changes in the AMM configuration window?

James McCarron, you wrote:
I have noticed that if making any changes that causes the "Apply" button to allow for activation (no matter the configuration) and then hit Apply, the taskbar is returned (until I reboot).
Do you mean really no matter what settings you change and it can be not even associated with taskbar?

Best regards.

James McCarron

Posted: 02/17/2013 20:48:39

Bogdan Polishchuk,

I just ran a quick experiment: The taskbar was restored if I made a change that allowed for the "Apply" button to be activated while in the "Multiple Monitors" or "Desktop Divider" headers. What I did was change a setting, immediately set it back, and then hit the Apply button.  If I make a change in "Window Settings", "Mouse", "Hotkeys" or "Options" and the Apply button is activated, the taskbar does not update.  However, I have not run every combination within the option window.

I did notice that I could get the error to reshow without restarting by using the "Tools" and stopping and restarting AMM.  One thing to note; the taskbar space (at the bottom of the screen) is maintained by AMM. As I stated before, the Start button is there, but the taskbar is empty (i.e., see through, no pinned icons, not time, etc., just the background of my screen and the Start button).  However, the space allocated by AMM is still present.  For example, if I open a new program (i.e., Word, Excel, etc.) the program window will not expand to cover the invisible taskbar. Also, if I left mouse click and drag on the desktop, the selection box will not go into the area of the invisible taskbar.  Left clicking on the taskbar area does not activate the taskbar or any of the pinned programs. Right click just brings up the normal options you get if the taskbar is there or not.  

Hope this helps! :D

Messages 1 - 10 of 13
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register