Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Actual Windows Minmizer maximization fault , Windows minimized to tray reopen wider than before » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 10212

Brian Hershman

Posted: 10/29/2012 11:39:43

I am running Actual Windows Minmizer under Windows 7 Pro x64.

I have a backup program with a progress window that I routinely minimize to the tray while a backup is running. This windows starts off as quite small - a rectangle occupying no more than 10% of the screen. It has no facility for changing the window size

Each time I reopen it from the tray, it is wider than originally. Since I cannot resize it, it is a nuisance.

Furthermore once it been minimizedg it to the tray (via the special button), the normal Minimize button also minimizes it to the tray instead of to the task bar!

Any ideas?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/31/2012 00:22:42

Hello Brian.

What version of Actual Window Minimizer are you running?

Does the problem occurs only with that progress window? What is this program?

About the standard minimize button issue. Can you see changes in the settings for this program, affecting the standard button behavior (Specific settings > Minimizing > Minimization Mode in the Options area), when the standard button starts to minimize to the tray.

Best regards.

Brian Hershman

Posted: 10/31/2012 08:22:06

Hi Bogdan,
What version of Actual Window Minimizer are you running?

Does the problem occurs only with that progress window? What is this program?

About the standard minimize button issue. Can you see changes in the settings for this program, affecting the standard button behavior (Specific settings > Minimizing > Minimization Mode in the Options area), when the standard button starts to minimize to the tray.

• Version 7.2
    • The enlarging happens only with that program: JamSoft\SmartBackup
    • Minimizing to tray on standard minimization button seems to happen to all non-excluded programs, even if I have not used AWM on them!
  • When the standard button starts to minimize to the tray, I see nothing extra - the window is just immediately minimized.

Would it help if I uploaded the cofiguration settings? If so, how and to where?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/02/2012 02:03:44

Hello Brian.

The issue with SmartBackup progress window has been confirmed and it is not associated with Actual Window Minimizer.

I was unable to reproduce the issue with the standard minimize button.

Please send us your configuration files usin the Send to Tech Support tool.

Best regards.

Brian Hershman

Posted: 11/06/2012 11:30:34

Hello Brian.

The issue with SmartBackup progress window has been confirmed and it is not associated with Actual Window Minimizer.

I was unable to reproduce the issue with the standard minimize button.

Please send us your configuration files usin the Send to Tech Support tool.

Best regards.
I am not continuing with this topic as I have found some other minor disturbances to Windows 7 that may be associated with AWM. For the moment I have uninstalled it, but if those disturbances do not disappear, I shall probably try it again.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/08/2012 02:03:07

Hello Brian.

You don't have to install Actual Window Minimizer to make sure that SmartBackup progress window increases itself on minimizing-restoring.

What other minor disturbances are you talking about?

Best regards.

Brian Hershman

Posted: 11/08/2012 07:58:04

Hi Bogdan,

You are quite right, my problems are definitely related to SmartBackup, not to Actual Window Minimizer.

The other main issue that was bothering me was related to "Show the Windows side by side". While SmartBackup was active but minimized, there was always space left on the screen for an extra window. Once I closed SmartBackup fully, the display returned to normal.

I will take these issues up with JamSoft.

Thanks for your help.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/09/2012 04:00:14

What do you mean "space left on the screen for an extra window"?

Are you talking about the gap between the taskbar and maximized window or about what? Could you describe it?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register