Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[PENDING]AWM 7.2 -- Taskbar , Applications Loaded / Dual Monitor » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5881

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 09/10/2012 11:37:38

In a dual monitor configuration, with one left (primary) and one right (secondary): If the primary monitor has the standard windows taskbar and the secondary monitor has AWM taskbar is there a way to NOT have the primary monitor taskbar display loaded or pinned applications?? In otherwords I would want all loaded and pinned applications only to appear on the AWM taskbar on the secondary monitor.

Thanks!

Sincerely,
Lars

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/18/2012 23:17:24

Hello Zardoz2293.

Unfortunately, our program doesn't have such ability not to show taskbar entries for any opened window on our program's taskbar, all the more so you want to make it with the system taskbar and our program can't affect the system taskbar.

We can consider it as a feature request, but only applying to our program's taskbar. Is it necessary for you to use the system taskbar on the primary?

Best regards.

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 10/08/2014 10:42:18

Bogdan,

Just a thought regarding this subject.

It would be great if AWM had a popup addition to the existing popup menu for a pinned program on the TaskBar (Windows or AWM) which had the option to "force/load/display" the application on "that" monitor (the monitor where the application was pinned). Really this would just create an associated rule in AWM, but it would be a nice enhancement. Through the same functionality that feature could be removed.

My perspective is if I have a pinned application on the TaskBar and I click it, I would expect to see that application displayed on the monitor where the application is pinned, otherwise the behavior is counter-intuitive.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
Lars

Sincerely,
Lars

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 10/20/2014 19:59:17

Dear Lars,

thank you for your post!

Am I correct in understanding that you would like to have a menu item in the highlighted menu (see screenshot) that would be something like Always open these windows on monitor (number of the monitor which taskbar the app is pinned to)?

User added an image

Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 10/21/2014 21:50:10

Am I correct in understanding that you would like to have a menu item in the highlighted menu (see screenshot) that would be something like Always open these windows on monitor (number of the monitor which taskbar the app is pinned to)?
Yes. Absolutely. This is especially desired where in the case pinned apps are on more than one Taskbar setting to "Always open on this monitor" would be of great value. (Really, fr om my perspective I always want the app to open on the monitor of the Taskbar where it is located). However, I'm sure there are some cases wh ere someone would want other behavior.

Sincerely,
Lars

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 10/22/2014 12:22:30

Thank you for your reply, Zardoz!

The menu item should create a Specific Settings rule for this application and set it to Move to monitor->Monitor#... or in case the rule already exists - adjust the Move to monitor option, right?

What should happen if there are multiple Specific Settings having this program as a Program criterion?

However, the necessity of that option is only clear when it comes to Specific Settings. If you would like to open most of your programs on the monitor the taskbar of which they are pinned to, you could use "Move to monitor -> Having mouse pointer" in Default Settings. What do you think?

Best regards!

support@actualtools.com

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 11/02/2014 08:29:26

The menu item should create a Specific Settings rule for this application and set it to Move to monitor->Monitor#... or in case the rule already exists - adjust the Move to monitor option, right?
In the ideal, I'd want to see it integrated into the 'pinned' application association and not an entry into the Specific Settings rules. There would be another component/section within AWM for Taskbars and you could see the pinned monitor forcing and whatever else might be added.

What should happen if there are multiple Specific Settings having this program as a Program criterion?
Would be solved by the above method.

However, the necessity of that option is only clear when it comes to Specific Settings. If you would like to open most of your programs on the monitor the taskbar of which they are pinned to, you could use "Move to monitor -> Having mouse pointer" in Default Settings. What do you think?
Yes, but there is where the real problems begin to surface. That was my work around, but because the Default Settings is Global I get many unwanted effects. One of which are all Specific Settings rules which did not have a Having mouse pointer, now inherit it. There are more, and this is why I've tried to address in another thread regarding the Scope of inheritance: Global, Group, and Individual rules and providing a mechanism which prevents inheriting.

Sincerely,
Lars

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 11/06/2014 18:14:37

Thank you for providing us with the details, Lars. We'll consider adding this option.

Best regards!

support@actualtools.com

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register