Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «CTRL+A moving Steam games to second monitor. » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 11959

torankusu

Posted: 09/09/2012 04:06:32

It only happens if I have a game open. When I go to the friends overlay to respond to IMs, if I hit ctrl+A, it will move the game (and the IMs) over to the second monitor. I've tried disabling hotkeys to no avail. The only fix is to close AMM. I know I could just stop using ctrl+A, but I use it so often that I'd rather close AMM than to not be able to use select all. I mean, when I'm in a game, it's not like AMM is doing anything for me. However, I would much prefer to just find out why this is happening and if there is a way to fix it. It's like an extra hidden hotkey or something; I don't see any option for it anywhere (plus I have hotkeys disabled now, so I'm not even sure why it would even still work).

Can someone help with this? Am I overlooking something? Thanks!

Revin

Posted: 09/15/2012 21:31:07

I'm having the same issue, except it's the default steam shortcut (shift + tab). Not only does it move my game client to the second monitor, but it makes it take up the whole screen (however the resolution stays the same, so it's like making an image bigger in MS Paint just by clicking and dragging).

Revin

Posted: 09/19/2012 19:41:08

Just wanted to add that I'm on Windows 7 64bit.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/26/2012 00:03:44

Hello gentlemen.

torankusu, could you make a screenshot of the friends overlay, where exactly you press Ctrl+A and IM (Incoming Messages i guess?) and send it to me, i'm not so familiar with Steam.

torankusu, Revin

for now you can use the following workaround to get rid of the problem with Steam:

Make a new exclusion with only matching to program criterion and set the program criterion C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam\games\ (this path may differ from yours).

Best regards.

Revin

Posted: 09/27/2012 18:57:58

Thank you very much I tried out your fix and it works perfectly! I find it very hard to live without this program and steam, so this fix helps a lot. Thank you so much.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register