Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Flickering Titlebar Icons » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 4197

Chris Kistorian

Posted: 08/31/2012 13:16:00

I have recently changed my theme to Windows 7 classic and noticed that on some windows (i.e. Firefox) the titlebar icons that are placed by Window Manager flicker constantly (every half second or so).  What can I do to fix this problem?  This also occurs with Chrome and some other various applications.  Any help with this problem will be appreciated.  I am using latest ver sion (7.2) of Actual Window Manager.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/01/2012 00:25:12

Hello Chris.

This is a known problem, but, unfortunately, it haven't been fixed yet and there's no solution or workaround for now.

Best regards.

Karin van den Berg

Posted: 02/19/2013 04:15:12

Hi,

I'd like to add an upd ate to this, I had the same issue, but I found I had another problem when Firefox was on the second monitor, drop down when typing in the address bar or search bar would flicker in and out, such that it was almost unuseable. At first I thought AMM was to blame but when I turned it off the issue remained, so I did a search and found this:

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/794823

So I turned off hardware acceleration in Firefox to fix that issue (which it did) and to my surprise, when I turned AMM back on, the buttons had stopped flickering too.

One bug I will add is that Firefox (and Chrome) don't adhere to the title bar button se ttings, I tried turning the buttons off but that only worked in other windows, the buttons in Firefox stayed. I never use the maximize to desktop button so I'd rather just have the switch monitor button there.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/20/2013 23:25:35

Hello Karin,

Thanks for the messsage.

[QUOTE]One bug I will add is that Firefox (and Chrome) don't adhere to the title bar button se ttings, I tried turning the buttons off but that only worked in other windows, the buttons in Firefox stayed. I never use the maximize to desktop button so I'd rather just have the switch monitor button there.[\QUOTE]
- Could you send me your configuration files (Actual Multiple Monitors -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support)?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register