Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Actual Windows Manager 7.2 issues » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5384

Sergey

Posted: 08/26/2012 10:11:38

Hi guys,

I'm testing Actual Windows Manager 7.2 on my laptop with Windows 7 64 bit.

1) Some applications don't have Title and Windows buttons. For example, VLC player and KALA (vedic astrology application).

2) My laptop (Monitor-1) has connected external Monitor-2 with VGA, a Monitor-3 is connected with USB-VGA connector.

I created a Desktop configuration: Monitor-1 is mirrored to Monitor-2 and is extended to Monitor-3. Also the Monitor-3 is OFF. The Taskbar is duplicated everywhere, but the Desktop icons are only on Monitor-2 (and Monitor-1 if it's On). Is it possible to have them on Monitor-3 too?

3) The standard Blank Screen saver doesn't start in timeout set in its settings.

Thanks

Sergey

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/30/2012 05:06:40

Hello Sergey.

About the first point: i was unable to reproduce the issue. Could you send us a screenshot describing the issue (especially with VLC)?

About the second: do you mean that your desktop is extended to the 1st and the 3rd (or the 2nd and the 3rd, if the 1st monitor is off) and multi-monitor Taskbar has the "Mirror" mode?

Do you mean that you can't drag the icons on the 3rd monitor or that the icons from the 1st doesn't show op on the 3rd? When desktop is extended to several monitors the icons aren't supposed to be duplicated to other monitors. It's like one big desktop.

About the third: how do you use the Blank screensaver with Actual Window Manager (current windows screensaver, single screensaver etc.)?

Best regards.

Sergey

Posted: 09/03/2012 14:01:12

Hi Bogdan,

1) I found that 7.2 has different behavior than the old versions. When VLC is started as an associated application for video/audio file from FAR Manager, VLC doesn't have Title and Windows buttons. And this is true for any applications started as associated. For example, when I click on pdf file Acrobat Reader doesn't have the buttons. But when the application is started as associated from Explorer it has the buttons.

2) It looks like Desktop icons are not duplicated like Task Bar does.

BTW, is it possible to have the same order of open applications in Task Bars on all monitors?

3) I still doing a research. It more looks like Windows 7 issue and Screen saver doesn't start at all. I just was under impression that an energy saving mode Black screen is my BlackScreen screen saver.

Thanks

Sergey

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/11/2012 05:14:46

Hello Sergey.

1) I was unable to reproduce the issue with Far manager 1.70, Windows 7 x64 and AWM 7.2. Are you talking about usual opening file from Far manager by a click or a pressing Enter? Are you running Far as administrator? Give me detailed step-by-step description of this situation.

2) When you extend your desktop to a monitor, our program doesn't duplicate the icons to this monitor, considering these two monitors as a whole desktop. For now there is no way to duplicate the icons to other monitor by means of our program.

3) Give me detailed step-by-step description of this situation.

Best regards.

Sergey

Posted: 09/12/2012 21:49:12

Hi Bogdan,

1) I use FarManager 2.0.1807 64 bit. UAC is turned off. Run as Administrator. I attached a print screen where you can see VLC and IrfanView started when double run video and image file from Far Manager pressing Enter. A double click works in the same way

2) I see. I just thought that if you mirroring the Taskbar then the Desktop can be duplicated also.

What about a tasks order on the TaskBars? Is it possible to have it the same on both monitors?

3) I couldn't find steps to reproduce. I just assign a hot key for the screen saver. I'm fine with this solution for now.

Thanks

Sergey

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/20/2012 22:11:52

Hello Sergey.

1) AWM seems to be installed on your PC without support of administrative tools. You can check it easily by launching regedit.exe - in this case the regedit window can't be affected by AWM and doesn't contain title buttons. You can re-install AWM and enable the "support system utilities..." during the installation.

2) Unfortunately, there is no ability to have an identical order of the icons on the taskbars. Do you strongly need it? We can consider it as a feature request.

3) My question was where exactly do you set the blank screensaver? In the standard Windows screen saver settings window or using our program to set it? If you're using our program to set the screen saver, which mode do you use (current windows screensaver, single screensaver etc.)?

Best regards.

Sergey

Posted: 09/24/2012 16:56:01

Hi Bogdan,

With "support system utilities" it works fine. It's strange that with the old versions the tools were not required.

Yes, it would be good to have the same icon's order on the TaskBars because the different order confuses.

Thanks

Sergey

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register