New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 16
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Missing Right Click Pin To Taskbar » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 13791

Peter Thorpe

Posted: 08/21/2012 16:48:04

I seem to be missing the right click pin to taskbar option I only get a close button like the image below. Enable pinning to the taskbar is checked and I still get this:

User added an image

The unpin right click menu appears correctly and I can pin by dragging to the taskbar.

Windows 7 x86 awm 7.2

I tried a complete uninstall and removing all settings I could find in the registry but still have the issue.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/24/2012 03:02:11

Hello Peter.

Do you mean that has happened with all applications?

What actions could lead to this, maybe you did something before it has happened?

Did you removed the shortcut icons from your desktop before the issue has occured?

Best regards.

quant

Posted: 08/25/2012 18:19:40

Same issue on Windows 7/64 AMM 4.2

Some programs show no "Pin this program to Taskbar".
Examples:
Firefox, Thunderbird, JDownloader, iTunes ...

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/29/2012 03:07:43

Hello quant

The same question, did you removed the shortcut icons from your desktop and system taskbar before the issue has occurred?

Best regards.

markgaj

Posted: 08/31/2012 12:11:35

I'm having the same issue on AMM 4.2 Windows7/64.

After rebooting, all previously pinned applications are no longer pinned to the secondary task bar.
No application has a pin to taskbar option available in the context menu.

"Enable pinning to the taskbar" is enabled.
No shortcuts have been removed from desktop or system taskbar.

Thanks.

Jan-Christoph Ihrens

Posted: 09/04/2012 21:07:57

I can confirm this problem. I have - amongst others - Google Chrome pinned to the taskbar of my secondary screen. Some of the pinned applications don't show their icons anymore when they're updated (so that an empty button remains), so I have to unpin them, start the updated program and pin them again. This has worked reliably until now.

This time I unpinned Chrome after the update to the recent ver sion (21.0.1180.89), started it - and the "Pin this program to the Taskbar" entry had vanished fr om the right-click menu. Pinning it to the "normal" Taskbar on the primary screen still works, and "Enable pinning to the taskbar" is still checked in the AWM options.

While some programs show the same symptom - I can confirm it for two of the applications that "quant" named (Thunderbird 15 and iTunes 10.6) -, it works for others (e.g. ExamDiff Pro 5.5, Beyond Compare 3.3.5, to name just two).

There are (and were) no shortcut icons on the desktop for the pinned programs. There are shortcuts in True Launch Bar 5.6 that is shown wh ere the Quick Launch Toolbar normally resides (to the right of the Start button on the primary screen), but there are shortcuts for all of the Programs I named (the ones with and the ones without the problem), so that's probably not an issue.

I can create a shortcut on the desktop and drag it to the secondary taskbar to pin the program, but in that case a second icon is shown on the taskbar as soon as I start the program, which doesn't normally happen.

I'm using AWM 7.2 on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

Cheers,
Jan

--
You have moved the mouse. Windows must be restarted for the changes to take effect.

Jan-Christoph Ihrens

Posted: 09/11/2012 10:34:50

Now I can't pin Microsoft Word 2010 to the taskbar anymore :( (I just got a new monitor, so now I use 3 screens, and because the order changed, I had to move some applications).

Is someone working on this issue?

Cheers,
Jan

--
You have moved the mouse. Windows must be restarted for the changes to take effect.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/20/2012 04:00:24

Hello gentlemen.

The issue with missing "pin this program..." item has been fixed in the latest beta.

Jan-Christoph, i can confirm the issue with dragging a shortcut to taskbar, we'll try to fix it.

Best regards.

Jan-Christoph Ihrens

Posted: 09/20/2012 12:10:31

Great, thanks for fixing this!  :)

Cheers,
Jan

--

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/20/2012 23:45:30

BTW, when dragging icon to the system taskbar you can see the same situation - the launched app displays in the separate taskbar icon, so this is not our bug. Our taskbar just borrow this mechanism from the Windows taskbar.

Messages 1 - 10 of 16
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register