Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Minimize to Screen Applications Not Showing in Task Switcher (alt tab) , When apps are minimized to the desktop they do not show with alt-tab » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 8171

Chris Kistorian

Posted: 08/16/2012 14:28:58

Can anybody suggest how I can get applications that have been "minimized to desktop" to show up when using the alt-tab function?  I noticed that the applications will only show on alt-tab when they are restored.  I am specifically using the "hide from task bar" along with "minimize to desktop."  Is it only possible to show items in alt-tab by making them visible to in the task-bar?  I would prefer to have them hidden from the task-bar, please let me know about this asap.  Thank you.

Chris Kistorian

Posted: 08/16/2012 14:33:48

I would like to add that I tested with the "remove task-bar entry" unchecked, but still having the same issue.  Basically, the only way alt-tab will display running applications is if the window is restored state, window that have been minimized to desktop do not show up on the alt-tab window.  Can somebody please help me with this?  Thank you.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/22/2012 03:11:24

Hello Chris.

This is not an issue, it works as it should. Windows minimized to desktop are similar to windows minimized to system tray and they're not planned to be shown in the Task Manager.

Why do you need to have these windows in your Task Manager? You can always activate the window with the screen icon.

Best regards.

Chris Kistorian

Posted: 08/25/2012 17:26:24

The main reason I would need it is to setup macros to use keystrokes for activating the program.  When it's on the screen and doesn't show up in Alt-Tab window, I am forced to use the mouse to activate it.  Can you suggest a solution for being able to activate the screen using keystrokes?  Thank you.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/29/2012 02:07:24

Hello Chris.

Unfortunately, there is no such ability. We'll consider it as a feature request.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/11/2012 23:04:06

Hello Chris.

Try the Show Hidden Windows feature. It allows to see all the windows minimized to screen and system tray in the special window, that is displayed on pressing the Win+H hotkey. First you need to enable this hotkey (Show hidden windows) on the Hotkeys > Actions tab.

Does it suit your needs?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register