Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «2 multi-monitor taskbar issues » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 6490

Rico Krasowski

Posted: 08/10/2012 11:30:08

My setup:
Windows 7 x64
3 Displays

Issue 1:
When applications are pinned to the taskbar and later deleted or moved to another location, the pinned icon can't be unpinned. No popup is displayed with right mouse click, to unpin the application.

Issue 2:
Starting an application on taskbar while holding CTRL+SHIFT to elevate the application,  :!: freezes the whole system. Can't even use the task manager! Needless to say, the application is not started. It looks like the elevation prompt is hanging in the background and blocking the system. Thats very annoying!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/12/2012 22:34:05

Hello Rico.

What exactly our product (name, version) are you running?

About the first issue. Do you mean when removing the shortcut from the desktop or removing the executable file? What applications have you noticed the problem with? List some of them.

About the second. I've unsuccessfully tried to reproduce the issue with Actual Window Manager 7.1. Is there any steps to reproduce the issue? Does the issue occur when you run as administrator from the shortcut context menu?

Best regards.

quant

Posted: 08/13/2012 11:18:38

OMG, i forgot.

Actual Multiple Monitors 4.1 (and 4.0)

About the first issue:
Simply moved the folder, containing the .exe for the pinned application. There was no shortcut. I pinned the .exe directly.

About the second issue:
"Run as administrator" works without any issues, if it's invoked from the context menu. But is little awkward to open 2 context menus to run a pinned app as admin.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/14/2012 01:09:03

About the 1st. You don't have the shortcuts for the program on your desktop and taskbar right?

What exactly application have you noticed the problem with?

About the 2nd. I've tried once again - everything works fine. Does it depend on what application you're trying to start?

Please send us your configuration files using the "Send to Tech Support" tool.

Best regards.

quant

Posted: 08/15/2012 09:51:25

The first issue looks to me like a "update issue". I can't reproduce this with new pinned apps. But, how can i remove pinned apps, that show no context menu or "Unpin this program from Taskar" option? Looking for registry entries or config files...

The second issue:
The desktop will freeze with every app i start on the secondary taskbars with CTRL+SHIFT.

I sent the config files.

quant

Posted: 08/16/2012 09:38:04

Both issues also appear on Actual Multiple Monitors 4.2

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/22/2012 02:48:08

Hello quant.

About the 1st. Unfortunately the only way to remove these icons is to reset taskbar. After you re-pin the icons it should work normally.

Reset your AMM taskbar by deleting the "taskbar states" key in the following register path using regedit.exe:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Actual Tools\Actual Multiple Monitors\Command Center\Plugins\MultimonTaskbar

It will remove ALL pinned icons from the AMM taskbar.

About the 2nd. I was unable to find your configuration files. What name do you use for e-mails? Could you please send it again?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register