Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Run as Administrator shortcut problem in AMM » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 6043

Peter Headland

Posted: 07/25/2012 13:29:24

I am evaluating AMM on Windows 7 64-bit. I have created a Quick Launch toolbar in the task bar. I have a shortcut whose target looks like this in the standard Windows 7 task bar:

Code
"C:\Program Files\ActivePerl\bin\perl.exe" "C:\Program Files\Foo\Bar.pl" "An argument" 123 456

The shortcut is defined to run as Administrator. When I start AMM and use AMMs task bar, adding the exact same Quick Launch toolbar, the shortcut is missing its icon, and no longer works properly. When I examine its properties, the target appears to have been altered to Program Files (x86):

Code
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ActivePerl\bin\perl.exe" "C:\Program Files\Foo\Bar.pl" "An argument" 123 456

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/31/2012 01:24:01

Hello Peter.

The problem has been confirmed.

The path of the shortcut on the secondary is renamed to Program Files (x86). For the first time i've reproduced it i wasn't able to launch the program from the icon on the secondary. Now, after i've renamed the path to Program files and rebooted computer, any new added icon fixes itself after i click it and program starts.

I understand that it is still a bug, the path should be correct initially.

Have you tried to correct the path manually? If you haven't tried yet, then try it as workaround and let us know if the problem still persist.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/28/2017 03:37:56

Hello, Peter

When I start AMM and use AMMs task bar, adding the exact same Quick Launch toolbar, the shortcut is missing its icon, and no longer works properly. When I examine its properties, the target appears to have been altered to Program Files (x86)
I'm glad to notify you that the subject problem doesn't appear in the latest version of AMM 8.10.2 and our other products – all shortcuts in Quick Launch toolbar has correct paths now. It would be good if you could confirm this.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register