Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Taskbar Labels , Labels don't show on secondary monitors » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5787

Bill Camden

Posted: 07/17/2012 14:15:26

I am using AWM 7.1 on Win 7 x64 and the taskbar labels do not appear on the secondary monitors but they show on the main monitor. Is there a setting to have the labels show on all monitors?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/17/2012 23:07:23

Hello Bill.

Do you mean that the icons don't show up on the secondary taskbar even when some windows are placed on the secondary monitor?

The Actual Window Manager taskbar has 3 modes: Individual, Mirror and Mixed and you can set it here: (Multiple Monitors > the Taskbar panel > the Mode area at the top of the panel). Check the tooltips to learn more about them.

Best regards.

Bill Camden

Posted: 07/18/2012 10:46:33

That is not the problem. The icons show up just fine but the text that goes with them does not.

I am enclosing a screen shot that shows the difference

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/19/2012 22:21:42

Hello Bill.

Please try to change the settings of the "Taskbar buttons" option in the "Taskbar and start menu options" window (taskbar context menu > properties > the Taskbar tab).

Try different values and check whether it solves the problem.

Best regards.

Bill Camden

Posted: 07/20/2012 11:53:34

That doesn't help. In fact, when I choose "Replace the primary Taskbar", I get the same issue on the main monitor as well...no captions showing next to the icons.

This is an issue with me because I often have several Excel files open and the caption tells me which file is open with out hunting for it.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/23/2012 01:24:05

Hello Bill.

Please open regedit.exe and move to the following location:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\­Explorer\Advanced

And then make a screenshot of the regedit window, namely it's left part with all keys and values and sent it to us.

Best regards.

Bill Camden

Posted: 10/15/2012 15:59:18

Have you had any luck solving the issue? It has been a while since I sent the screenshot.

Thanks

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/16/2012 00:39:00

Hello Bill.

Sorry for the delay.

Please try to change the settings of the "Taskbar buttons" option in the "Taskbar and start menu options" window (taskbar context menu > properties > the Taskbar tab).

Try different values and check whether it solves the problem.
I was talking about the system taskbar (see the attached picture). Have you tried to change values of this parameter? Does your system taskbar accept the changes?

I wonder, because there is the missing TaskbarGlomLevel registry key in your system registry. You can find some info about it here. It is responsible for taskbar buttons appearance.

If the key won't be created after the changes, try to create this key manually in the same location. Right click in this location > New > DWORD value. Then rename the newly created value to TaskbarGlomLevel, reload your system and check whether the problem persists.

Best regards.

Bill Camden

Posted: 10/16/2012 10:47:56

Thanks, manually creating the TaskbarGlomLevel key solved the problem.

Everything is fine now.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register