Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Can't get windows to stay on to *and* stay active , Perplexed » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 7891

Cloudchaser Shaconage (shah-con-ah-jey)

Posted: 10/26/2006 01:17:57

Hi! :-)

I was referred to Stay On Top Windows by another at Microsoft's WinXP newsgroup.  Good program, but it's not quite what I'm after.  While it does keep a window on top, if I click outside of the window, it still goes inactive as if the "stay on top" was turned off and another program had appeared on top.  I'm after something that, if I click outside of a window, it still maintains keyboard/mouse input focus as if I never clicked outside of it.  I also tried Actual Window Manager and got the same results.  Is there something I'm missing?

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 10/30/2006 09:04:03

Actually, you try to overcome the fundamental principle of how Windows interacts with the user. The Stay-on-Top doesn't mean "keep always active"; it means "don't overdraw this window even it has lost the focus".

The feature you're after is interesting but let's imagine it's implemented and now working. How do you plan to switch to other windows if your current one doesn't lose the focus?

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register