Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[SOLVED] Why does AWM keep one of its files in the Temp folder? » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5289

Mike Brazil
Advanced user

Posted: 04/22/2012 22:18:44

When AWM is installed, it places a copy of aimemb.dll in its program folder and another in the system Temp folder. What's the reason for the copy of aimemb.dll in the Temp folder?

--
Mike

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/23/2012 03:59:34

Hello Mike.

The reason of placement of aimemb.dll in the system Temp folder is to provide simple update of the runtime libraries without unwanted reboot of the PC.

But in some cases it may conflict with your security software. Then you need to force AWM (or other our product) use the runtime libraries from its installation folder. You can do this using the "Run the library from the installation folder" option.

Best regards.

Mike Brazil
Advanced user

Posted: 04/24/2012 00:01:34

Thanks, Bogdan. I'd never noticed that option.

I'm running XP Pro SP3, and on my system, the copy of aimemb.dll in the temp folder seems to have the opposite effect every time I install an upd ate to AWM. When the installer finishes, and I try to restart AWM, I get a runtime mismatch error, so I can't start AWM until I reboot.

I have now set it to Run the library from the installation folder, so I'll see what happens on the next update.

--
Mike

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register