Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Configuration can be launch, Actual Windows Manager not » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5328

Alexandre Emeriau

Posted: 03/21/2012 23:29:42

Problemm occurs on on a windows seven 64 bits after an upgrade from 6.7 to 7.

I feel uninstall and reinstall would resolve the problem but i have rules recorded.
By the way, i suggest being able to export rules, and partularly from the configuration utility.

Error message is in french :
Actual Windows anager a échoué lors de la tentative d'éxécution des dll dans le répertoire teporaire (%Temp%). Il se pourrait que cela soit causé par le blocage par l'anti virus de tout exécution de programme à partir de ce dossier...."

The screenshot is attached here

I even tried but uninstalling the antivirus as suggested but the problem is still present

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 03/22/2012 13:00:23

Hello Alexandre,

AWM does have the option to export and import its settings. It is accessible via Tools > Backup/Restore (Outils > Configuration). Tools is the last button.

After uninstalling I suggest you first restart the computer before installing AWM again, to clean up the temp directory. I am not sure however, whether this directory will be automatically cleaned with a reboot. You may also use Revo Uninstaller to uninstall AWM. After uninstalling AWM with Revo, I suggest you let Revo search for any remnants and clean them up. After that you will probably need to do a reboot. I have used Revo Uninstaller successfully when uninstalling AWM completely, when I wanted to have a fresh start.

I hope this helps.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register