Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Rule works intermittently with name change » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3711

Mike Brazil
Advanced user

Posted: 03/20/2012 21:53:45

Windows XP SP3 x32
AWM 7.0

I'm using an open-source client for Pandora Radio called Elpis (http://code.google.com/p/elpis-pandora-client/). I set up a rule for Elpis and named the rule Pandora - Elpis. The rule works sometimes but not others with no pattern. When it works, all aspects of the rule work, but when it doesn't, it's as if AWM just doesn't recognize the program. I've tried specifying the window just by the executable, and by the executable plus the window class, but it doesn't make any difference how the window is specified. The only way I've been able to get the rule to work when I've had trouble with it is to rename it from "Pandora - Elpis" to just "Elpis".

This makes no sense to me. It is either some kind of odd coincidence, or there's more to the rule name then I thought there was. Obviously, the rule name isn't all that important, and I can live with whatever I have to call it to get it to work, but I'd like to know why this happens.

--
Mike

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/30/2012 03:12:40

Hello Mike,

Thanks for the post.

Could you send me your configuration files (Actual Window Manager -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support)?

Best regards.

Mike Brazil
Advanced user

Posted: 05/04/2012 11:33:40

They've been sent.

--
Mike

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/12/2012 00:12:28

Hello Mike.

Unfortunately, we can't use Elpis in full, because access to Pandora isn't allowed outside of the U.S., so we can't even register.

Everything we can see is the login window, the settings tab and the info tab. Is it enough to reproduce the behavior, that you've described.

Best regards.

Mike Brazil
Advanced user

Posted: 05/12/2012 14:37:02

The problem has not occurred since I started using the 7.1 beta.

--
Mike

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register