Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Bad basic behaviors when using second taskbar » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5750

David

Posted: 01/19/2012 11:06:53

When simply clicking between programs in the second monitor taskbar, I get some strange inconsistent and undesirable behaviors.

Let's say I have two maximized windows (A and B) and two non-maximized windows (C and D).

1. If I start with A in focus and switch to C, it will usually (but not always) send A behind B, so that I now see C on top of B when I should see C on top of A.

2. If I then switch to D, it will usually (but not always) send C into the background, so that I just see D on top of B instead of both C and D on top of B.

3. Switching between C and D from this point produces more issues.  Trying to switch back to C often results in C just flashing briefly into focus, then disappearing.  I have to click back and forth between C and D several times to get them to both be visible.

I've turned off most of the options, since I really just need a simple second monitor taskbar.

I just emailed the config files

OS Name: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (x86)

OS Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600 Multiprocessor Free, station (x86)

Actual Tools Program Name: Actual Multiple Monitors

Actual Tools Program Version: 3.4.2

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/19/2012 23:23:42

Hello David,

Thanks for the post.

The problem has been confirmed.

We'll try to fix it.

Best regards.

Aaron Holt

Posted: 01/28/2012 12:09:30

Same problem. Had it for pretty much the whole time I've had the program, through multiple updates and all. Incredibly frustrating. Decided today to finally do something about it. This really needs a fix, as it wastes most of the time the program saves. I sometimes have luck right-clicking the window I want to open from the taskbar, as left-clicking it opens the wrong window. One example is if you have multiple MS Excel or Word windows open. AWM always wants to open the same one, instead of the one you're actually clicking.

Please fix!

Thanks...

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/29/2012 23:45:36

Hello Aaron,

Thanks for the message.

One example is if you have multiple MS Excel or Word windows open. AWM always wants to open the same one, instead of the one you're actually clicking.
- What our software do you use (name, version)? What version of MS Excel do you use?

Best regards.

Aaron Holt

Posted: 01/30/2012 11:25:23

Version 6.7.2, but the problem has persisted through many versions. I have Office 2007 but this has nothing to do with that, as far as I know, because it happens on essentially ALL windows. Excel was just mentioned as an example. Outook, Firefox, Internet Explorer, AOL Instant Messenger, etc. I believe it happens with ALL programs.

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1.7601 SP1, but has persisted through many updates).

4 Monitors with dual graphics cards. AMD Athlon 64 FX-62 Dual Core Processor, 2812 Mhz, 8GB Ram.

Please let me know if you need any other info...

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/30/2012 20:42:31

Hello Aaron,

Thanks for the response.

Could you check whether the problem still persists with the last beta version (http://www.actualtools.com/beta/) or not?

This problem seems to be fixed in the last beta.

Best regards.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/09/2012 04:20:06

When simply clicking between programs in the second monitor taskbar, I get some strange inconsistent and undesirable behaviors.

Let's say I have two maximized windows (A and B) and two non-maximized windows (C and D).

1. If I start with A in focus and switch to C, it will usually (but not always) send A behind B, so that I now see C on top of B when I should see C on top of A.

2. If I then switch to D, it will usually (but not always) send C into the background, so that I just see D on top of B instead of both C and D on top of B.

3. Switching between C and D from this point produces more issues. Trying to switch back to C often results in C just flashing briefly into focus, then disappearing. I have to click back and forth between C and D several times to get them to both be visible.
- The problem has been fixed in the 4.0 beta 3 version of Actual Multiple Monitors ( http://www.actualtools.com/files/amm40b3.exe ). Could someone confirm that?

Best regards.

Aaron Holt

Posted: 02/09/2012 12:08:05

It does seem fixed with the latest AMM. However, I use AWM. Can you direct me to the beta for that that has it fixed, because the latest beta I installed about a week ago did not fix it. Thanks!

Aaron

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/09/2012 21:59:50

Hello Aaron,

Thanks for the response.

Beta versions are located there - http://actualtools.com/beta/

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list