Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Window rule only works for the second window » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 8727

Ernst Fueloep

Posted: 09/12/2006 04:58:25

I have found two occasions where a Window rule from AWM only works on the second invocation of a window.

Example:

I have created a window rule for Lotus Notes "Create Attachment" dialog. This window is normally very small and so I created a window rule to resize it on startup to a much larger size.
This works but only when I open the "Create Attachment" dialog a second time. On the first time nothing happens. Only when I close the dialog (clicking on the Cancel button) and open it again does AWM apply the window rule.

Is this "works-as-designed"?

I have seen the same behaviour on another application (NotesBuddy) where I wanted to add some transparency automatically. Again the transparency setting from the window rule of AWM works only on the second Notesbuddy chat window.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Ernst

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 09/14/2006 05:22:23

Ernst, this is really strange situation you described. This works not "as designed" but in some strange way. Please, send me your configuration (use the "File -> Send Configuration -> Send to the Tech Support" menu item in the Configuration window for this).

Ernst Fueloep

Posted: 09/15/2006 08:33:22

Hi Alexey,

This problem seems to be fixed in the beta of AWM 4.2.
I have just now installed the beta and the problem is gone.
I have checked with Notes and NotesBuddy. Both window rules work now right with the first window.

Regards,
Ernst

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 09/18/2006 04:09:38

Hi Ernst,

Nice to hear it. Please, provide the version number of Notes client you're using. Do you have any conflicts or incompatibilities between Notes and our program?

Ernst Fueloep

Posted: 09/19/2006 02:00:51

Hi Alexey,

My Notes client version is 7.0.
I have previously used Notes 6.5.3 without any problems so far.

Regards,
Ernst

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register