Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Is AMM preventing power saving settings from working? » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3066

Robert Spendlove

Posted: 01/13/2012 17:47:45

I am a former Display Fusion user here, I was turned on to AMM by the dual taskbar feature that is not an XP style taskbar...

I have also recently upgraded from Vista64 to Win7 64, and in doing so, I only installed AMM on the new drive.

I've noticed that my monitors are always on.  For some reason, it never goes to sleep, never goes to the screensaver, never powers down anymore.  It did this before I installed AMM, so it is not a purely Win7 issue.  

I've cleared the settings in Windows' power management console, and put them back the way I want them, with no change.  I have a suspicion that the second monitor taskbar is registering as activity which keeps the screens alive.  

Any thoughts?

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 01/14/2012 14:51:05

Robert,

Thank you for choosing our software.

The problem you described is quite unusual, and it's very unlikely that it's caused by AMM (we have numerous customers worldwide and you are the first who reported this problem).

The most probable culprit is video card driver. If you updated it recently please try to roll back; if the driver was installed from the original manufacturer's CD then please try to update it to the latest version.

Hope this will help.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register