New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 16
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «[FIXED]AWM 4.1 automatically switches focus when I reload browser (Sea » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 28822

Ernst Fueloep

Posted: 09/12/2006 04:03:49

Hi,

I have usually several browser windows with more than one tab open (Seamonkey). When I reload all tabs in one window and switch to another window and reload the tabs there too then AWM 4.1 automatically switches the focus between these two windows. This is very annoying.

To stop it I had to add Seamonkey.exe to Excluded Windows.

Is this "works-as-designed"? Or is it a bug?

Regards,
Ernst

Regards,
Ernst

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 09/14/2006 05:32:12

We have no SeaMonkey copies here so currently we are unable to test this issue ourselves. But this is not "works as designed" so it's possibly a bug or some kind of issue resulted from improper settings. Did you create any Specific Rules for SeaMonkey windows? Did you change the Target Window options for the Firefox/Thunderbird Specific Rules?

Ernst Fueloep

Posted: 09/15/2006 08:47:43

Hi Alexey,

No, there are no specific Window rules for SeaMonkey. Just the default.

The problem happens with Mozilla browser windows too. But since Mozilla is no longer supported I switched to SeaMonkey.

The problem only goes away when I add SeaMonkey.exe to the Excluded Windows list. And it goes only away when I deselect "Window class" from this list. Only "Program" is selected.

The problem is only present when I reload pages. It looks like because of the browser window page updates AWM switches the browser window which has just finished loading to the foreground. This is very annoying.

Example:

I have two browser windows open. Each has more than three tabs open. Now I switch to one browser window and press Ctrl and click on Reload (this reloads all tabs).
Then I switch to the second browser window and want to read some pages there. In the meantime all tabs of the first browser window are reloaded in the background. But because of some quirk with AWM the focus switches suddenly back to the first browser window. The most annoying part is that when I move the mouse to some link on the second browser window and click it and AWM switches the focus the click ends up on the other browser window.
When I press Ctrl and Reload on the second browser window too and the first browser window has not yet finished reloading all pages I can observe that the focus switches between both browser windows. It stops when all tabs on both windows have been reloaded. Then everything is back to normal.

Regards,
Ernst

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 10/13/2006 08:27:11

Ernst, please specify what's the situation with the last version of AWM.

Ernst Fueloep

Posted: 10/16/2006 02:23:00

Alexey,

Unfortunately, the problem is still present in the latest AWM 4.2.

Regards,
Ernst

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 10/16/2006 06:33:11

Well, please specify what version of Mozilla broswer did you check this issue with? I have just checked it with Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.3 and seen nothing wrong. Also please specify the exact version of your SeaMonkey browser.

Ernst Fueloep

Posted: 10/16/2006 13:29:52

Alexey,

I use SeaMonkey 1.0.5.

But the problem happened with all versions. I have not tested with Firefox. I may try it.

Regards,
Ernst

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 10/20/2006 08:18:22

Well, please check this issue with the latest Firefox and report here about results. Thanks in advance.

Ernst Fueloep

Posted: 10/23/2006 08:49:29

Yes, this problem occurs with Firefox 1.5.0.7 too.

When I have a browser window (w1) open in front of me (it has the focus) and another browser window (w2) gets updated in the background (via reload), then when AWM is active the focus may change from w1 to w2 automatically.
When AWM is not active this doesn't occur.

You may try it yourself. I was able to recreate this behaviour with the following web page:

1. open a browser window (w2) and load the following web page:
http://www.filbboard.de/forumdisplay.php?f=227
2. open a second browser window and leave it empty
3. switch to window w2 and press reload
4. immediately switch to window w1 and observe
when AWM is active the focus switches automatically from w1 to w2 when the reload of w2 has finished.
When AWM is not active the focus stays on w1.

Hopefully you are able to recreate this problem and find a solution.

Thank you.

Regards,
Ernst

Oliver Nelson

Posted: 10/25/2006 18:28:03

I have duplicated something very similar to this with firefox 2.0 (just released) and pretty much any other program I have open (like regedit or a text editor, or whatever).  I have them not overlapping but beside each other, I have a rule for firefox and the other window falls under the all windows rule.

If I start clicking back and forth between firefox and the other window, after 4 clicks or less, neither window has focus anymore.  It almost positively is related to what Ernst is experiencing...

If I close down AWM, the problem disappears.

OLIVER

Messages 1 - 10 of 16
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register