Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Wallpaper bug » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3434

Martijn Saly

Posted: 01/02/2012 03:00:35

I found a bug cencerning per-monitor wallpapers. Initially it works perfectly fine, but after rebooting the pc with different monitors, the wallpaper on the secondary monitor (at least, I don't have more than 2 at the same time) is lost, showing a complete black background.

It's not a really pressing bug, but this is a bug that seemingly surfaces every time. And since I'm working with a laptops that goes with me from work to home, I regularly "connect" a different set of monitors.

This is AMM 3.4.2 free version, on Windows 7 x64 SP1.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/04/2012 23:54:15

Hello Martijn,

Thanks for the post.

Is the background picture showing correctly after rebooting and changing background picture (or changing some other settings in Actual Multiple Monitors) and pressing apply?

What cables do you use for monitor connections?

Could you send me your configuration files (Actual Multiple Monitors -> Send your configuration files to the Actual Tools technical support) from work and from home?

Best regards.

Martijn Saly

Posted: 01/05/2012 03:03:35

Is the background picture showing correctly after rebooting and changing background picture (or changing some other settings in Actual Multiple Monitors) and pressing apply?
I'm not sure about rebooting, I haven't had the chance to test it yet, but changing something and pressing apply doe fix it, presumably by "re-doing" the arrangement of the wallpapers, or something like that.

What cables do you use for monitor connections?
First situation is a DVI cable + RGB cable
Second situation is laptops own screen + RGB cable

Could you send me your configuration files from work and from home?
I'm nore sure that these are two different files, since it's the same laptop and same windows user on it... But I've attached it nonetheless.

(btw, I'm getting "Incorrect file type or maximum size of the file exceeded!", and it's just 6,48KB)

Martijn Saly

Posted: 01/05/2012 03:07:01

And here's the config file:
http://home.thany.nl/browsable/thany-20120105.zip

Attaching it won't work (so please fix it ;))

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/06/2012 05:04:04

Hello Martijn,

Thanks for the response.

There are Desktop Profiles feature in Actual Multiple Monitors for such situations.

Anyway, could you send me the "monitors.log" file from the " %appdata%\Actual Tools\Actual Multiple Monitors\ " directory and the "Composed.cwp" file from the " %appdata%\Actual Tools\Actual Multiple Monitors\Wallpapers\ " directory in both situations (DVI cable + RGB cable and laptops own screen + RGB cable)?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register