Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Actual Multiple Monitors - mirroring and control , spliting one monitor over two. monitor wont turn off » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 7272

Charles Gommely

Posted: 12/24/2011 00:10:09

sorry if this is answered some where else. i have been seaching for answers for a while in the faq and the forums, but i havent found anything remotely close.

i have two unrelated issues.

i am trying to set up a tri monitor configuration that includes one large 16:9 monitor, and two smaller 4:3s. i want the two 4:3s extended together to show a clone of the 16:9 (stretched or letterboxed. i know the aspect ratios are not a perfect match) but i see nowhere in the software to allow me to set this up. i was under the impression that this was possible. am i missing something?

for my other issue, i am trying to set up different profiles for different monitor configurations. sometimes i want to use all the monitors, some times just one or two and have the others turn off. my issue is that the software seems to never actually disable one of my monitors. this is strange, because it will disable the other ones fine if i tell it to. i don't believe there is an issue with the monitor, as i can disable it via the windows "screen resolution" dialogue just fine (additionally can turn it off via "manage secondary monitors" and uncheck it in the software system tray). it would just be nice if it was a seamless transition like the others. even when i do disable it in windows (or the manager), if i change profiles, or even just load the same one up again, it will turn that monitor right back on. it seems none of the profiles quite realize i want it off! what could be going on? any ideas on how to troubleshoot?

i am running windows 7 x64, and Actual Multiple Monitors 3.4.2. i am running an ati radeon hd 5770 and an integrated hd 3300

thanks for any help!

Charles

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/27/2011 01:51:55

Hello Charles,

Thanks for the post.

i am trying to set up a tri monitor configuration that includes one large 16:9 monitor, and two smaller 4:3s. i want the two 4:3s extended together to show a clone of the 16:9 (stretched or letterboxed. i know the aspect ratios are not a perfect match) but i see no where in the software to allow me to set this up. i was under the impression that this was possible. am i missing something?
- You could try to use the "Mirroring" (part of desktop) feature. But unfortunately it does not do exactly what you want.

for my other issue, i am trying to set up different profiles for different monitor configurations. sometimes i want to use all the monitors, some times just one or two and have the others turn off. my issue is that the software seems to never actually disable one of my monitors. this is strange, because it will disable the other ones fine if i tell it to. i dont believe there is an issue with the monitor, as i can disable it via the windows "screen resolution" dialogue just fine (additionally can turn it off via "manage secondary monitors" and uncheck it in the software system tray). it would just be nice if it was a seamless transition like the others. even when i do disable it in windows (or the manager), if i change profiles, or even just load the same one up again, it will turn that monitor right back on. it seems none of the profiles quite realize i want it off! what could be going on? any ideas on how to trouble shoot?
- What cable do you use to connect the monitor that can't be disabled via desktop profiles?

Best regards.

Charles Gommely

Posted: 12/27/2011 12:06:59

yes, i have tried the mirroring feature but it did not do what i wanted.

the monitor is connected via dvi. i have 3 other monitors connected. one by vga, another by dvi and one by hdmi. they can all be turned on and off appropriately by the profiles, but this one will only be turned off manually, and every profile switch will turn it on if it is disabled. its like the profile thinks it should be on, even though i have it saved as disabled.

thanks for the reply.

Charles

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 12/28/2011 04:54:04

Charles,

Please send us your configuration: open the Settings dialog and click the User added an image "Send to Tech Support" button.

Please could you explain what was wrong with the Mirroring feature?

Thanks,

Charles Gommely

Posted: 12/28/2011 09:43:22

is there a way for me to attach my config file?

i dont think there is anything "wrong" with the mirroring feature. it is just not what i am looking for. it does not extend 16:9 over 2 4:3s easily. i have set it up so it displayed the correct area, but then i still have to deal with everything being in a windowed mirror, and the mouse update is very laggy, and unusable for my purposes. ideally i would want something like the "clone" feature, where each 4:3 clones half of the 16:9.

Charles Gommely

Posted: 12/31/2011 18:49:06

the issue of the monitor not turning off was fixed when i switched it from running of the 3300 to the 5770 with two of the other monitors. i needed to purchase an active display port adapter, but that works now.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/04/2012 02:41:53

Hello Charles,

i dont think there is anything "wrong" with the mirroring feature. it is just not what i am looking for. it does not extend 16:9 over 2 4:3s easily. i have set it up so it displayed the correct area, but then i still have to deal with everything being in a windowed mirror, and the mouse update is very laggy, and unusable for my purposes. ideally i would want something like the "clone" feature, where each 4:3 clones half of the 16:9.
- We'll consider this as a feature request.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register