Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Desktop Profiles bug » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3261

Chris Miller
Advanced user

Posted: 12/01/2011 11:57:55

I have AWM 6.7.2 installed, Windows 7 x64.  I added a 3rd monitor on a SIIG USB 2.0-to-VGA adapter.  Under Multiple Monitors->Monitory Layout and Background I see all 3 monitors and can configure settings.  

2 issues:
1)  Under Monitors Layout and settings I could not set/see the proper resolution size until I configured from Windows side.  Then it picked up the right resolution.
2)  Under Background I can see and set all 3 monitor backgrounds, but under Desktop Profiles I can not see the 3rd monitor at all.  If I "Identify" the monitors, all 3 register.  If I activate the profile it disables the 3rd monitor.

Maybe I'm missing something, but it doesn't seem that the Dekstop Profiles properly sees all monitors.

As a side note, the 3rd monitor is on a SIIG USB 2.0 to VGA adapter.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/02/2011 03:00:57

Hello Chris,

Thanks for the post.

1) Under Monitors Layout and settings I could not set/see the proper resolution size until I configured from Windows side. Then it picked up the right resolution.
- Could you send me your configuration files with all 3 monitors connected (Actual Window Manager -> File -> Send Configuration -> Send to the Tech Support)?

2) Under Background I can see and set all 3 monitor backgrounds, but under Desktop Profiles I can not see the 3rd monitor at all. If I "Identify" the monitors, all 3 register. If I activate the profile it disables the 3rd monitor.
- Desktop profiles don't refresh hardware configuration. You should create a new desktop profile to see all 3 monitors there.

Best regards.

Chris Miller
Advanced user

Posted: 12/02/2011 15:20:34

1)  Configuration file sent (cmiller@...)

2)  THANKS!  That did it.  Didn't realize I had to create new.  All good now!

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register