New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 11
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «AWM - Business Objects Freezes » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 15439

Justin

Posted: 11/21/2011 10:05:59

I recently purchased 2 licenses for Actual Window Manager and ever since I noticed that I cannot use any Business Objects products when it is running. Every Business Objects product freezes whenever I try to use it. As soon as I unload AWM, they all work perfectly. Since 60%+ of my job is working with Business Objects, I either need this fixed or a refund since I can't use it.

Thanks.

As a side note, we spent over $600 in tech support figuring out that this was the issue, so if you can't fix it, I would definitely appreciate the refund.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 11/21/2011 20:45:29

Hello Justin,

Thanks for the post.

Could you clarify what exactly applications (names, versions) do you have the problem with?

What version of Actual Window Manager do you use?

Have you tried to add these applications do the exclusion list of Actual Window Manager?

What OS are you running (version, x32 or x64)?

Best regards.

Justin

Posted: 11/22/2011 10:13:57

Vasiliy,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I tried adding the applications to the exclusion list per your suggestion, however it did not make any difference.

AWM Version: 6.7.1

Applications: (All of them are part of the software suite listed below.)
--------------
SAP Business Objects R/3 (Version: 12.3.0.601) - Universe Designer, Desktop Intelligence XI, Web Intelligence XI, Universe Builder, Business View Manager

Thanks

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 11/23/2011 20:01:53

Hello Justin,

Thanks for the response.

Could you give me a step-by-step description of how to reproduce mentioned "freezes"?
Could you also send me your configuration files with exclusions for Business Objects products (Actual Window Manager -> File -> Send Configuration -> Send to the Tech Support)?

Best regards.

Justin

Posted: 12/09/2011 12:28:31

Vasiliy,

Reproducing it is easy. Have AWM running, then open the application. When you try to do any functionality beyond the program opening up (importing a universe, creating a report, etc.), it hangs and never responds (I waited over an hour once and it still hadn't responded when I force closed the application).

I created an exclusion for Business Objects Designer but when that didn't work, I gave up on it and decided not to create one for the other applications. I just sent you the configuration file.

Thanks again.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/13/2011 02:01:00

Hello Justin,

Thanks for the response.

Could you do the following test steps:
1. Disable Default settings of Actual Window Manager (Actual Window Manager -> Window Settings -> Default settings);
2. Make sure that you don't have specific settings for Business Objects (Actual Window Manager -> Window Settings -> Specific settings);
3. Disable the multi-monitor Taskbar (Actual Window Manager -> Multiple Monitors -> Taskbar -> Enable multi-monitor Taskbar);
4. Disable displaying of current window position while moving manually (Actual Window Manager -> Actions -> Options -> Actions -> Align -> Display current window position while moving manually);
5. Disable all items in the Resize pane (Actual Window Manager -> Actions -> Options -> Actions -> Resize);
6. Disable all items in the Windows Layout pane (Actual Window Manager -> Actions -> Options -> Windows Layout);
7. Disable support of command prompt windows and console applications (Actual Window Manager -> Actions -> Options -> Command Prompt Windows -> Enable support of command prompt windows and console applications);
8. Disable all items in the Window Snapping pane except of the "Disable the native Windows 7 Snap" item (Actual Window Manager -> Actions -> Options -> Window Snapping);
9. Disable window thumbnails (Actual Window Manager -> Actions -> Options -> Window Thumbnails);
10. Run Business Objects and check whether the problem still persists or not?

Best regards.

Justin

Posted: 12/15/2011 12:45:04

Vasiliy,

I disabled everything you told me to and then ran Business Objects Universe Designer, but it has the same problem.

I sent you my configuration file so you can verify that I did everything correctly.

Thank you.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/16/2011 02:25:22

Hello Justin,

I can't find your configuration files.

What email do you have?

Best regards.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/21/2011 03:16:42

Hello Justin,

You could also try to do the following:
1. Reinstall Actual Window Manager with the "Support system utilities and administrative tools" checkbox checked;
2.Run Business Objects "As Administrator".

Please, inform me about your results.

Best regards.

Justin

Posted: 01/23/2012 12:31:11

Vasiliy,

I tried reinstalling it with the "Support system utilities and administrative tools" checkbox checked and I ran Business Objects "As Administrator" with no improvement, it still freezes.

Please advise as to what I should do next.

Thank you.

Messages 1 - 10 of 11
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register